Friday 16 December 2016

Stir Fried Roast Pork & Pig's Stomach Soup.

While I was in my garden watering my plants, an ex-colleague called me through my smartphone. I usually carry my smartphone with me whenever I am in my garden just in case I need it to take snapshots of something interesting in my garden. She invited me to join her and another 2 ex-colleagues for breakfast at our regular coffee shop. Even though I have taken my breakfast with hubby, I agreed to join them for fellowship. It is always good to meet up and catch up with one another.

After having finished breakfast, my ex-colleagues/friends wanted to buy some things from one of the roadside stalls. I too joined them to see if I too needed anything.
We call this the morning market.
 These are temporary stalls.
These small business operators move from place to place.
I bought some spring onions for my home cooked dinner.
I cooked the following dishes for our dinner that evening.
Stir Fried Roast Pork with ginger slices, onions and spring onions.
Soup - Pig's stomach, pork, ginger and peppercorns.
Hubby didn't want any rice, so I cooked for myself a bowl of rolled oat porridge.
*     *     *     *     *
The following sunrise shots were taken during my early morning walk and they are for joining Skywatch Friday.


Linking to Skywatch Friday.

The Lord rules. Let the earth be full of joy. Let the many islands be glad.
The heavens tell about how right and good He is.
And all the people see His shining-greatness.
(Psalm 97:1,6 New Life Version-NLV)

49 comments:

  1. The food looks wonderful:) great photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosto destes mercados de rua e os pratos têm óptimo aspecto.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  3. I like the roast pork but not the soup. Never a fan of innard. Hehe.

    Lovely sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. The stomach is the only innard that I take. The soup is my family's favourite.

      Delete
  4. Roast pork mostly went to hide underneath! Oo does the seller clean the pork stomach for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roast pork same colour as the ginger slices. I prefer to clean the stomach myself. Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  5. Hello Nancy, gorgeous skies and photos. The food looks delicious. Happy Skywatching! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Happy weekend and have a wonderful time!

      Delete
  6. The market was such a cheerful place to visit. Great food as always, a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. There is plenty to see at the market. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The soup helps to warm up the stomach. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  8. Good Afternoon Nancy, What a wonderful way to spend a morning, drinking coffee with friends and then visiting a market. I love markets, because you never know what you might find.
    I was interested in your pigs stomach soup, as this is something I have never made. Here in Newcastle, cows stomach, which is known as tripe was often cooked when my husband was a young boy and my husband loves it.
    Have a lovely day.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne. I love tripe soup too. Best wishes to you and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Your photos are beautiful! Lovely views!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the clothing is so very colorful. Very pretty.

    I always enjoy your food posts. I would have loved your dinner.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I love to walk through the market to see all the interesting things. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful reflections with the sunrise!! The stalls are so colorful! I would love looking through them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I too love looking through the stalls. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  13. Your photos are beautiful from the morning walk. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy your sunrise is really fantastic. Market stalls are the same as in Europe

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's such a joy to read your blog :) I hope I can visit your beautiful country one day.
    Hugs,
    LIANA LAURIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lianal. You are always welcome to visit my country. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  16. wow love the last photos <3
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure it was delicious, but to my western ears, pig stomach soup does not sound the most enticing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I should have used a better term like hog maw soup. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  18. Lovely post! Happy weekend!:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simple yet tasty home cooking' always the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home cook is the best but most times I am the lazy one. Lol!

      Delete
  20. I agree with you that it is always good to join friends for the fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and meeting often strengthens our friendship!

      Delete
  21. Thank you, dear. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...