Tuesday 20 December 2016

Walking Exercise And Lovely Lake View.

Continuation of yesterday's post of our visit to our friends' house at Bukit Merah Lake Town Resort.

After our lunch, we continued with our fellowship. Then we had some free time for those who need to nap or have some quiet time of reading or resting. 
At about 5 pm, my friend and I went out for a short walk around the area. The others were getting ready for our drive to Taiping for dinner.
As we walked, we enjoyed the Bukit Merah Lake view.
This lake is one of the biggest fresh water lake in Malaysia.
Here ended our evening walk to be continued tomorrow morning. It was time to drive to Taiping for our dinner. I will post about our dinner in tomorrow's post.
I woke up about 6.30 am the next morning. By the time I started my morning walk it was about 8.10 am. The day was a bit hazy. Here are some shots from my morning walk.
Some residential housing over at the other end.
The light haze gave the lake a misty look.
I walked on the tar road and didn't venture out nearer to the lake.
We get to enjoy the lake view as long as the owners have not build their houses on these empty plots of land.
The trees planted on both sides are the Yellow or Golden Penda trees.
Of all the trees planted along the tar road, only one tree was blooming. It has beautiful bright yellow flowers and it is the Yellow or Golden Penda Tree.
From afar, the flowers look like yellow rambutan fruits.
Yellow or Golden Penda Flower buds.
Some of the flowers have faded.
My friend's house is on the far right.
Hopefully, on my next trip I would be able to get closer to the lake to have a better view.
Or maybe join the boat ride operated by the Lake Town resort.
That is the Bukit Merah Lake Town resort. We can see it and hear music coming from the resort. 
*     *     *     *     *
The following 2 photos are for joining Tuesday's Treasures.
The photos were taken at the Chang Jiang Signature Outlet, Ipoh.
 2 pairs of Fiber Woven Slippers from the old days.
An antique bicycle. Some are still in use today.
I remembered I first learned to ride a bicycle using this model. I also remembered the bad fall I had when I pressed the hand brake and I got flung forward and got badly injured on my knees and hands. But that bad fall didn't deterred me from learning to ride a bicycle.


Happy is the man who is so anxious to be with me
that he watches for me daily at my gates,
or waits for me outside my home!
For whoever finds me finds life and wins approval from the Lord.
But the one who misses me has injured himself irreparably.
Those who refuse me show that they love death.
(Proverbs 8:34-36, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. The yellow tree looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. The bright yellow flowers brighten up the place.

      Delete
  2. I find it rejuvenating to see all of that green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great and safe place to do walking exercise.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. A peaceful place great for seniors.

      Delete
  4. Que maravilha, belas fotografias.
    Um Santo e Feliz Natal.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful day. Merry Christmas to you and love ones.

      Delete
  5. That was a nice walk. The Golden Penda tree flowers look very intereting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. That was an enjoyable walk with lots of snapshots.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamar. The flowers are very pretty!

      Delete
  7. My, don't those fiber slippers look comfortable! Bicycles is your area have been used for more than recreation. Nancy, thanks for your visit, Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I wouldn't know how to put on the slippers and they look very uncomfortable too.

      Delete
  8. You are so persistent and brave to not let the fall deter you from learning how to ride a bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Its been many years since I last ride a bicycle.

      Delete
  9. Love that yellow flower!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/12/visiting-bethlehem-gloria-in-excelsis.html, and have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos dear! Thanks for sharing! Marry Christmas! xoxo
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vesna. Have a great day. Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful area to walk and see all the sights.

    Yikes on the bicycle accident. Most of us have those kinds of stories.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fantastic day. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  12. The lake is very beautiful and so tranquil!
    Amazing treasures from the past, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a nasty wreck! Did you break any bones? I have not seen this blooming tree before! It looks like a Mimosa Sensitive plant, only yellow instead of pink. I love the water and mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Fortunately, no bones broken but some skin came off and got cuts on hands and leg. It was a nasty fall! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  14. Lovely photos and love the golden flower. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Photos reflect calm and peacefulness. Nice captures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angel. The place is very calm and peaceful. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. Yes, a bike can be dangerous if you don't know the details in how to use it! Ouch!
    I am Dutch, so this would be a man's bike (because of the horizontal bar from the steering wheel to the seat). In the Dutch bike for women that horizontal bar is not there (so you can wear a dress!). But the basic shape for the everyday bike right now is still the same (except for more padding:) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Over here, this is the man's bike and the woman's bike without the horizontal bar. The modern bikes are much better looking that those old bikes. Have a fabulous day!

      Delete
  17. Wonderful pictures :) The nature is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful series, and I especially love the greens and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  19. blessings and season greetings.....
    A great scenery is always a fabulos motivator to exercising.
    To this day i cannot ride a bike although I thought my daughters how. These bikes are certainly still in use especially on the Islands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After many years without riding a bike, I am now without confidience to balance a bike.

      Delete
  20. Those slippers do not look comfortable at all, the bike looks nice I do like old things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo-Anne. They do look very uncomfortable and I wouldn't how to walk with the slippers.

      Delete
  21. Beautiful shots! It looks like a pleasant area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. It is a very pleasant place.

      Delete
  22. Nice shots! No interfering electrical and whatnot cables like in town haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Away from the towns and cities so no cable lines flying all over the places. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  23. A very nice and healthy walk.. yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying my walk. Stopping every now and then to take snapshots!

      Delete
  24. Great and relax walk in nice serenity scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. It is a lovely place to relax.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...