Wednesday 21 December 2016

My Friends' Garden At Bukit Merah Lake Town Resort.

Our friends have a big garden and some of the plants in my garden were from this garden. This garden is an exchange place for plants. We contribute some of our plants to this garden and we also take away plants from their garden back to our own garden and others did the same thing too. This garden has been blessed and in turn has been a great blessing to other gardens as well.
Many visitors from far and near have visited this home.
 As usual, I never fail to take a walk around their garden. These pretty periwinkles greeted me.
 Ahhh....these orchids are flowering and my poor orchids at home are struggling to stay alive!
 I took this photo from my bedroom window. Very nice shady branches. The leaves look like our local tapioca leaves. I wonder if these leaves are edible. 
 Bleeding Heart flowers or Nyonya Makan Sireh.
Common names: Amazon Blue, Brazilian Snapdragon.
 Scientific name: Otacanthus caeruleus
 Pretty white flowers that look like Jasmine flowers.
 Can someone help to identify this plant?
This unknown plant has glossy leaves.

For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects
of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:
TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.
So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship -
and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of 
heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.
(Acts 17:23-24, New International Version-NIV)

51 comments:

  1. Wow! A haven. So many beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. There are many more flowers from the garden.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post dear! Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful plants, a delightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful Christmas celebration!

      Delete
  5. I want to live in that garden! Exotic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I love their spacious garden too!

      Delete
  6. On this old and snowy day, this reminds me of Maui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Do keep warm and have a lovely day!

      Delete
  7. Hi Nancy, wish I could wake up every morning and be greated with all these beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Same for me too! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Fantastic garden I Would like to have it

    ReplyDelete
  9. The white flowers are called Plumeria, I think. Beautiful! I love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. The flowers look like Plumeria but the leaves are not the same.

      Delete
  10. The house itself is large and very beautiful! Does a large family live inside? We have Snapdragons here, I love the color of these!! And these Bleeding Hearts are wonderful! Are they usually red? Are these a different kind? I have never seen any like these. They look like Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. The Bleeding Hearts are timely for the Christmas season. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  11. What a lovely property this is too. I would love to tour the home and the garden.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I am sure you would love the home and garden. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  12. Could the unknown plant with white flowers be "Carissa macrocarpa"? Your friend has such a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The leaves and flowers look alike but I didn't notice any fruits on the tree.

      Delete
    2. Not matured enough to have fruits maybe.

      Delete
    3. I guess so or it was not fruiting at the moment.

      Delete
  13. Wow- what a gorgeous house and the garden. Double wow. Those flowers are just gorgeous. have a wonderful holiday weekend. Maybe you be blessed. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erika. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

      Delete
  14. So interesting post) Thanks a lot for sharing)
    http://beyoutiful.com.ua

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly beautiful flowers Nancy!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you, Basia. Have a nice day! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and love ones!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & love ones!

      Delete
  18. Nice house and pretty garden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the flowers, all so pretty! How nice to have a garden like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. The flowers are so lovely.

      Delete
  20. What an amazing collection of plants! Love the house too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know much about names of plants and flowers, but I do love flowers a lot and my favourite flowers are daisy, rose and tulip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I have too many favourites!

      Delete
  22. Thank you, Jo-Anne. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...