Saturday 3 December 2016

Stopping For Lunch At Restoran Fook Seng, Slim River.

We timed our journey from Fraser's Hill to Slim River to have our lunch at Restoran Fook Seng. Again? We like the food here. We had lunch at the same restaurant on our way up to Fraser's Hill and now we were here again on our way back from Fraser's Hill to Ipoh.
 The lady boss of the restaurant highly recommended this fish head cooked in a clay pot dish. I can't remember the name of the fish. The reasons she gave were the fish head was very meaty and the meat texture very smooth!
 Thin slices of bitter gourd and egg omelette.
 Stir fry water convolvulus with prawn paste.
 Vegetable spikes (sayur paku or paku choy) with prawn paste.
 Stir fried roasted pork.
Total cost of lunch for 7 people incl. white rice & Chinese tea
MYR 154.10 (approx. 34.59 USD)

Address: (if you are interested)
No. 25, Jalan Mahsuri, Taman Perwira 2, 35800 Slim River.
Tel: 014 - 981 4100
*     *     *     *     *
 The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters.
While we were seated and eating chicken satay (bbq chicken meat on skewers) under the open sky one night, this cat was near our table. I made some "meow, meow" sound and it turned to look at me!
Then it did a good stretching and was minding its own business. 
Again I made some "meow, meow" sound and got back it's attention!

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

So we have seen and proved that what the prophets said came true.
You will do well to pay close attention to everything they have written,
for, like lights shining into dark corners, their words help us
to understand many things that otherwise would be dark and difficult.
But when you consider the wonderful truth of the prophets' words,
then the light will dawn in your souls and
Christ the Morning Star will shine in your hearts.
(2 Peter 1:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. The fish in claypot indeed looks very meaty and smooth.... must go there one day.. can take me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...we can make a foodie trip there one day!

      Delete
  2. Hello, the meals looks delicious. What a cute kitty, he/she looks like she does not mind posing for the camera. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ha ha! At least it didn't come and curl around my feet! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  4. I do enjoy chicken satay! Great food, Nancy and I love how wide the cat's eyes are as it stares at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. The satay seller told us that the cat is a regular visitor. Have a great new week!

      Delete
  5. So cute the cat, I am eyeing the roasted pork and vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks super yummy!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet kitty! And that's a GREAT meal, esp. those fish heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. The fish head very delicious!

      Delete
  8. I want some of each dish. Yummy. You do eat so very well.

    The cat is adorable. Very photogenic.

    Have a terrific weekend Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fantastic new week!

      Delete
  9. I also very fond of fish-head curry.. We cook fish head with yellow lentils.. which is very popular in eastern part of India specially among Indian..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fish head curry also. It makes me eat more rice. Lol!

      Delete
  10. All dishes look delicious but it's the bitter gourd omelet that you had that got me dreaming.... :)

    It's good you can speak cat language, if I were to do that, I don't think they'll understand me!

    Have a lovely weekend Nancy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. I can only say "meow, meow". Don't know whether the cat understands or not. But the way the big round eyes looked at me, I doubt she does!

      Delete
  11. The cat is beautiful, Nancy, and I love roast pork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cat photos ~ so sweet ~ thanks.

    Wishing you a fun weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  13. This is a very unusual cat! I have never seen one quite like it!! I did not know you speak "kitty" language!! And he seemed to understand perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I hope I spoke the right language and the kitty got a good message! Ha ha!

      Delete
  14. The fish head sure looks colourful with the condiments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice suggestions! :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC FB Twitter G+ and Instagram? Let me know in my blog leaving a comment so I can follow back. Thank you.
    ✿⊰✽⊱✿That's Amore Blog✿⊰✽⊱✿
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Facebook
    ♥ ♥ Twitter
    ♥ That'sAmore Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. Will follow you. Have a wonderful new week!

      Delete
  16. Good recommendation. Nice food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I too prefer dog to cat. Have a wonderful new week!

      Delete
  18. The food looks so exotic and delicious. And I love the scripture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks good and great photos. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a wonderful new week!

      Delete
  21. My word that is an interesting variety of food! I might be a bit reluctant to try the fish head, but I would be delighted to enjoy the other dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. You might like the fish head if you are willing to try it. Lol! Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  22. The fish in claypot looks good. Thanks for the address, will take note of this eatery. The ginger stripe cat has such big eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Do drop by to have a try. Have a fantastic new week!

      Delete
  23. Thank you, Telma. Have a nice new week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, dear. Have a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wonder what cats hear when humans go 'meow meow'! I did that a lot when young as somehow cats would keep giving birth in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I am glad I didn't go "meow, meow" to cats near my house! Now I must remember never to do that near my house. Hahahah!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...