Wednesday 22 February 2017

A Visit To The Fig Farm, Perak.

Last week we had prayer meeting in my house and a friend was telling me how she found the Fig Farm which we have been trying to locate. She not only found the farm but she also visited it and bought an avocado plant, a fig plant and a durian plant. This friend loves gardening and she has land behind her house to plant the fruit trees.

I was curious and also interested to visit the farm. We planned a trip there 2 days later and last Thursday morning, I drove to Batu Gajah where my friend stays to pick her and another friend. The 3 of us have the same interest and love for gardening. I don't know about my 2 friends but I kept telling myself not to be compulsive in buying the plants. I know my weakness so I have to keep reminding myself. Lol!

Together with my friends, I drove from Batu Gajah to Simpang Pulai with my friend directing the way. Though I have been on the same route before, I am still not very familiar when it comes to certain junction.
 This is the Fig Farm with the colourful bougainvillea flowers.
 Entrance to the Fig Farm. It is very near to the main road leading to Cameron Highland.
 It was a bright, sunny day. And this is a very welcoming sight.
 Directly opposite the Fig Farm is the Simpang Pulai Balai Bomba (Fire Station).
Most of these Fig plants are already bearing fruits.
There are many species of fig plants here.
Fig plants as low as this are fruiting.
I have to squat to take this snapshot of the figs.
 Look at these! They are with fruits! 
These plants are not cheap and I was very tempted.
 Especially when I see all these fruits on the plants and they are fruiting even grown in pots.
Black Pepper plants are also on sale.
There are also grape plants and this one is fruiting.
Grapes on the grape vine. 
 Small sized Red Grapes 
 Brinjal (Eggplant) seedlings, Tomato seedlings and Grape seedlings.
Healthy Fig Plants in flower pots. 
 My friend's Avocado plant which she bought on her first trip. 
 She also bought this Fig plant on her first trip.
Before sending my friends home, we had a simple Ban Mee lunch at a coffee shop diagonally opposite the Pusing town Police Station.
*     *     *     *     *
I didn't return home empty handed but bought the following plants from the Fig Farm.
I bought 2 Brinjal (Eggplant) seedlings.
I also bought a Petai (Stinking Bean) plant. 
And finally, I bought a small Fig Plant. I was told this is the Brunswick Fig.
 I especially hope to see these plants grow healthy and bear lots of fruits.

Linking to Floral Bliss.

He lops off every branch that doesn't produce.
And he prunes those branches that bear fruit for even larger crops.
(John 15:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. I also enjoy visiting nurseries.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa. So sorry, I couldn't make a comment on your post.

      Delete
  3. I would be very excited to visit this fig farm and I would also buy and buy and buy hah..hah... I love dried figs and I wonder how the fresh ones taste. Hope you report back when yours bears lots of fruits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dried figs but the fresh ripe ones are better. I dare not risk buying the expensive ones in case they do not make it. I hope the small plant that I bought will grow. I am monitoring it everyday, willing it to grow. Lol!

      Delete
  4. It's so great to plant new plants and see how they grow and bear fruit! You had a lovely excursion - enjoy your day Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. I hope they will grow and fruit.

      Delete
  5. A Fig Farm sounds like heaven! I'll be on the lookout now for fig plants. I heard that they do well in large pots too. The bougainvilleas are so beautiful. What an array!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I don't have space for big trees. I bought a fig plant when I found out that they do well in pots.

      Delete
  6. may the plants you bought bear lots of fruits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I also have my weakness when I visit garden centers, specially with one as nice as the one you visited! I'm glad you bought a fig tree. They are easy to grow and to propagate! The best of course is the fruit - it's our most favourite fruit tree in our garden that we kept propagating and growing them that we now have about 20+ of them!!... Greedy me still think we need more LOL! All the best with your newly purchased plants...I'm sure they will be so happy to be under your good care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo..I am so encouraged by your sharing. I do hope my small plant will grow into a healthy fruiting plant. Then I hope to propagate many more plants like you did to enjoy the fruit. Thank you, Annie. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. Cool! I would love to have a fig plant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do get one. They grow and fruit well in pots.

      Delete
  9. I love the riot of colour of the bougainvillea plants!
    i'm sure your new plants will thrive under your care!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would loves to visit the place, but no buying for me as I will harm the plants, me no green finger..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only dare commit to 1 plant first. Wait and see how it will turn out.

      Delete
  11. I love figs. My father had a large fig tree at has place and during winter time, he would bring it into the garage. He loved that fig tree. I wish I still had it.
    Have a great Wednesday Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope my fig tree will grow and bear lots of fruits like your uncle's. Have a great day, Paul!

      Delete
  12. I love grapes and I also love figs. Beautiful photos of these lovely plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love grapes and figs. I hope my fig plant will do well like those in the nursery.

      Delete
  13. ...they sure have a nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to make sure I didn't get carried away by all those plants.

      Delete
  14. I hope you'll feature your fig plant so we can enjoy it while it grows and matures.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Sure I will. Will be taking lots of photos,

      Delete
  15. It would nice for you and PH who love gardening to visit these farms, too bad I do not know how to take care of plants, all my plants die after a whiel :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..Libby, I love very much to buy more but I don't have the space to grow them.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely trip, you certainly brought some beautiful plants. Looking forward to seeing how well they grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I will be taking photos of my plants' progress.

      Delete
  17. Everything is gorgeous!! Even the pretty building! There are always so many gorgeous and abundnat plants there that it makes me wonder. Do you have winter there, or it is always warm weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, over here we do not have winter. We have tropical climate, hot and humid throughout the year.

      Delete
  18. What a great collection of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Nancy, great fun to see around the fig farm. So many plants to choose from, I especially like the figs grown in pots. You chose some interesting items - have fun with them, they look very healthy! Cheers now :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I want to try growing fig tree in pot. Hope it will fruit like those in the nursery. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  20. I imagine it's impossible to grow figs here, at least outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the winter will be too cold for the plants. Can grow them in pots and bring them indoor during the winters.

      Delete
  21. If only i had a talent with plants. That's okay, though, i will get to see pictures of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am good with certain plants. Some plants don't do well under my care.

      Delete
  22. Beautiful pictures of the farm.. and the fire station is so beautifully decorated ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are very attractive in their bright colours.

      Delete
  23. I am also waiting for them to bear fruits.. hahahaa.. petai and eggplants I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggplants are growing beautifully but the petai and fig are a bit slow growing. Must have patience.....

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Ha ha yes, yes, I bought a petai plant. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...