Tuesday 7 February 2017

Dim Sum Breakfast With Friends At Restoran Yoke Fook Moon.

Almost every year whenever our friends from Semenyih are back in Ipoh, we will try to meet up with a dim sum breakfast on the 1st day of the Chinese New Year celebration. This year was no difference. We were not sure which dim sum restaurants will be opened on the 1st day, so we arranged to meet in front of Restaurant Ming Court or Restaurant Foh San. Out of the many dim sum restaurants in that are, we were quite sure that at least one or two will be open for business.

When we reached, we found that both Ming Court and Foh San were closed, but Restoran Yoke Fook Moon (opposite Restoran Ming Court and few shops from Restoran Foh San) was opened. It was packed with customers but thanks to a helpful waitress, we were led to a big table for 6 of us. Then we were told that food is self-service and our 2 young adults were happy to do the necessary to the dim sum items to our table, while the aunties and uncles sat and chatted.

Business was very good and there was no chance to be picky or fussy about the food or service. Every dim sum restaurants was fully packed with customers and many had to queue for tables and food. We were happy that we need not queue for a table and food.
While the young people went to get the dim sum items, someone is having fun with the chili sauce and the saucers. Our first meal for the new year 2017! The following food items were picked by our young people.
Meat rolls in sweet sour sauce on the left and fried stuffed bean curd rolls on the right.
Siew mai dumplings on the left and stewed chicken feet on the right.
Har gao or prawn dumplings on the left and bacon wraps with minced meat on the right.
Looks like stuffed chee cheong fun rolls with sauce. Something crispy inside.
Another type of dumplings or balls.
Steamed stuffed rice rolls (Hong Kong chee cheong fun).
Pan fried radish cake on the left and egg tarts on the right.
Stuffed Yam balls or woo kok.
Part of our 1st dim sum breakfast for 2017
Thank you, young lady for this dim sum breakfast treat.
Thanking God for His protection and blessing us with good health. May we continue to meet up for many more good years to come.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos taken at the Gopeng Antique Kopitiam (Cafe) are for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
Antique framed up picture of 2 pretty maidens.
Antique tray hanging on the wall. A priceless treasure.
A big earthenware water pot with a wooden cover.


Pretty words may hide a wicked heart,
just as a pretty glaze covers a common clay pot.
(Proverbs 26:23, The Living Bible-TLB)

68 comments:

  1. Marvelous photos of food and decor. Your young people chose well on the dishes. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. They are wonderful young people!

      Delete
  2. Talking about Yuk Fook Moon, my family went there last week, yes, full to the brim and the youngsters went to collect whatever they could.. ended up paying the bill of RM240... hahahaa... first time eating dim sum with such a hefty sum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to say that with the amount we paid for the dim sum, we can have a very good meal in one of the popular restaurants.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Siew Mai and har kow are the most sought after items. We love them too!

      Delete
  4. I thought the waiter served the plate like that. With numbers on them. Lol.

    Nice spread of dim sum. So many to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...our friend was in the mood for some fun while waiting for the food items to reach our table.

      Delete
  5. I miss having dim sum (no restaurants nearby). I like the fried taro dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the dim sum items I see. You make me crave for dim sum and I must go eat soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to try all the dim sum items and I enjoy dim sum once in a while.

      Delete
  7. I love dimsum! Your food posts always make me very happy :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Dim sum breakfast makes me happy too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Kisses and have a lovely day!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Hugs & have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  10. what a lovely post my dear
    this is such an amazing Food-diary
    simply love it!
    lovely :)
    take a look at my NEW YouTube-Video CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the rice rolls are delicious. Yum! It made me crave. Btw, my grandma used to have a water pot too when I was a kid. The water is surprising always cold there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lei. Some houses still has this water pot especially in the village homes. We used to keep water in this pot and it is true that the water stays cool in the pot.

      Delete
  12. Wow) looks delicious)
    http://beyoutiful.com.ua

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again a delight to visit and see your wonderful food.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. You would enjoy the dim sum. Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. Love visiting your blog, dear Nancy!
    Delicious and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eating dimsum is always a nice experience, but eating it with good friends makes the experience even more treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I enjoy having dim sum with friends because hubby is not a great fan of dim sum.

      Delete
  17. Hi Nancy, Glad you and your friends found a restaurant open on that special holiday. You certainly enjoy lots of choices as to your breakfast. The egg tarts and the dumplings looked yummy.... Actually, all of it looked yummy. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. Meals are always great with friends. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  18. What a feast. I love, love, love dim sum. I would have been stuffed.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha..Sandee, every time I go for dim sum, I will come back with a full stomach!

      Delete
  19. Dziękuję za odwiedziny , u mnie jest Translation na blogu , kilik i jest twój język .Dobrej nocy zyczę
    http://www.skrzynkaintencji100.bloog.pl

    ReplyDelete
  20. That antique tray really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. That was a very unique tray.

      Delete
  21. What a feast for the New Year, Nancy!
    Very pretty antique tray too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. It is great to start off the CNY with good food.

      Delete
  22. That food seems so tasty! And such pretty and interesting decor!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Nancy, your treasures today would look at home here on Maui. Thanks sp much for shring...enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom for hosting. I will be back with more.

      Delete
  24. I am sure you had wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ola. It was a wonderful meal and get together.

      Delete
  25. Lovely meal, Nancy. It's one of my favourite food! I think I'd love everything you shared here. We have dimsum almost every 3rd day of CNY..sometimes later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Dim sum seems to be a part of our yearly CNY celebration for most families.

      Delete
  26. It looks like a great meal! And I love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Linda. I love the painting too. It showed the maidens dressed in the old fashioned cheongsam.

      Delete
  27. oh my god..everything looks yum indeed. Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  28. At first I was wondering what are the words on the plates

    For dim sum, I like Har Gao and chicken feet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, it was my friend who suddenly thought of using the chili sauce to write on the plates while waiting for the food. For dim sum, I am very adventurous. I want to try everything that looks good to my eyes!

      Delete
  29. Lots of interesting food choices...and I LOVE that big earthenware jug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. We had one but it was given away to someone when we shifted house.

      Delete
  30. The young people really know how to choose food! It all looks delicious! I love the picture of the two ladies, so happy in their yellow dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. When it comes to food, we can always trust the young people. The two ladies look so pretty and feminine in their yellow cheongsam.

      Delete
  31. It sounds like a fun time at breakfast and a bonus with the antiques you were able to see.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. It was great to have breakfast with friends. Have a good day!

      Delete
  32. I like to eat dim sum especially the har gow and wu kok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I also love the har gow and wu kok is one of my favourite.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...