Monday 27 February 2017

Beef Soup Noodles For Dinner With Friends At Cheong Kee (Tong Sui Kai), Ipoh.

Our friends commented that they have not eaten the Beef Soup Noodles of Cheong Kee for a long, long time. So last Friday evening together with our friends we were at Cheong Kee, stall no. 47 for dinner. Cheong Kee is at Tong Sui Kai (Cantonese), Jalan Sultan Ekram, Ipoh.
Beef Balls for 4 people
Beef Tripe & Brisket Soup for 4 people
3 bowls of plain flat rice noodle in soup.
It looked like very little noodle.
After stirring, the noodle was not that little.
My friends mentioned that the taste of the beef soup noodle was not as tasty as it used to be in the old days.
 We also ordered 2 bowls of fried wanton (dumplings) from the next stall.
The 2 plates of chili sauce came with the beef noodle.
 Hubby wanted to try the wanton noodle from the next stall and he added BBQ pork slices. The noodle was topped with some crispy deep fried pork lard. 
 The plate of wanton noodle was accompanied by this bowl of wanton (dumplings) with some greens in clear soup. 
 For drinks, hubby and I had lemon juice with sugar. I added some dried salted sour plum to my lemon juice for added flavour.

 "Good salt is worthless if it loses its saltiness;
it can't season anything. So don't lose your flavour!
Live in peace with each other."
(Mark 9:50, The Living Bible-TLB)

51 comments:

  1. The wanton noodle dish looks the best to me, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby wanted to try this wanton noodle for a change. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. It looks like a delicious and filling meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite filling for 2 person even without taking rice.

      Delete
  3. ...some new selections for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks wonderful, I have never tried adding sour plum to drinks I must give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. The salted sour plum makes the unsweetened lemon juice taste sweet and sourish.

      Delete
  5. I bet this meal smelled as delicious as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It smell and taste delicious. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  6. Long time I no go to this sisters' stall and the wanton noodles too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go once in a while. This time is to accompany our friends.

      Delete
  7. I miss those beef tribes! Such a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sight of the beef soup is making me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can eat wanton mee often and not sick of eating it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. beef noodles remind me of the beef noodles here where its price went up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices have gone up for most of the food items. Everyone is complaining.

      Delete
  11. I love dumplings and I can have many of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumplings are easy to easy. Soft and slippery.

      Delete
  12. I want what your husband had. That looks mighty tasty.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious look! Happy new week!:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beef so looks so delicious. So wonderful. I like your Blog and I will follow.
    Best regards
    Susa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too am now a follower. Thanks for stopping by Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anni for following me. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. I like my lemon/ lime juice with salted plum too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The beef balls looked good and bouncy. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the beef balls too. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  18. The beef balls and spare parts look super delicious. These aren't commonly available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the best in town. Have a great day!

      Delete
  19. I've never had much tripe and what I did have was extremely chewy which is understandable given what it is. It probably works great flavoring a soup. I love the idea of adding dried salted sour plum to your lemon water and sugar. I would love to taste the result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tripe is boiled till soft and no longer chewy. The lemon juice with salted plum tastes great and refreshing!

      Delete
  20. I want to try those fried wantons..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like this so much!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the beef soup noodles when my father took our whole family for supper in the late sixties and seventies at their original hawker spot!!! Is the sisters still cooking? Haven't eaten it for many years since I don't live in Ipoh anymore. Still remember the sweetness of the soup as if it was just yesterday I last ate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the sisters are still there. The stall is now in front of the old Odean theatre.

      Delete
  23. For beef balls, my parents and I usually go to the shop near Festival Walk (it used to b in Canning Gdn).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If for breakfast, we will go to Festival Walk. For dinner, we will go to Cheong Kee.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...