Thursday 23 February 2017

Stewed Pork Rib And Brown Rice Porridge For Dinner.

This dinner is about 2 weeks ago. The previous night I look into the freezer to check on the stock. I took out a packet of frozen pork rib and place it in the lower shelf of the fridge to defrost. I intended to buy some green vegetables on the way back from breakfast the next morning but I totally forgot about it.

So when it was time to prepare dinner, I realized too late that there was no vegetable for dinner. Since I have already defrosted the pork rib and hubby said that it is okay with just one dish, I went ahead to stew the pork rib. 
Stewed Pork Rib with fermented beans (tau cheong), dried chilies and chopped garlic.
While the pork rib was being stewed, I boiled brown rice porridge.
Very easy. Just brown rice and water to cook the porridge.

I love Teochew porridge with savoury dishes and this stewed pork rib is one of them. 

 Hubby likes his porridge mixed with the gravy from the stewed pork rib.
I enjoyed this type of one dish dinner. Just nice for lazy people like me. Lol!
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Good Fences.
 Photo #1 - A church fence.
Photo #2 - A kindergarten fence.

Linking to Good Fences.

"At that time, everyone will get along with one another,
with friendly visits across the fence,
friendly visits on one another's porches."
(Zechariah 3:10, The Living Bible-TLB)

62 comments:

  1. That is a very tasty porridge indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. Bom dia, a refeição ficou saborosa sem legumes, quem cozinha tem que inventar, não é de uma maneira, é de outra, é preciso é que fique saboroso, foi o caso.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you prepared a beautiful meal, the pork looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. It is a very appetizing dish.

      Delete
  4. Wa.... Looks delicious.. For me, one dish like this is good enuf for the porridge lo... Slurp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elin. I could eat 2 big bowls of porridge with this pork rib dish. Lol!

      Delete
  5. Now I'm hungry again. And I've already eaten lunch :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you, Amalia. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  6. Maybe one of the day, i shall go get pork rib and cook something out of it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Sharon. Hope you remember the pork rib. I am sure you will cook something very delicious.

      Delete
  7. Both fences are rather unique and love the colors ~ delicious looking food ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Day ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dinner. Yummy.

    I always enjoy your fences too. Some are so unique.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee for your kind comments. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a delicious dinner and love the colorful kindergarten fence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a nice colourful fence for a kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite a bright, vibrant kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. The kindergarten is painted in vibrant colours.

      Delete
  12. The kindergarten is very colorful and kid friendly looking. I love your matching verse today! I do not have this particular translation. Your dinner looks so yummy! And filling, no vegetables needed anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I got the Bible translation from biblegateway.com.

      Delete
  13. WOW, so much color on the kindergarten fence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kindergarten building is very colourful and so is the fence.

      Delete
  14. The stewed pork ribs look so tasty and flavourful that just one dish will be enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Just fine for lazy me. Lol!

      Delete
  15. The stewed pork ribs and rice look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. We enjoyed the meal very much.

      Delete
  16. Now that looks so tasty and yummy!! Food is forever bae!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting post my dear, thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful dear :) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. One pot dinners are the best! It's why i love cooking in a crock pot. That's a very fun looking place behind that kindergarden fence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I too love one pot dinner. Have a great day!

      Delete
  20. i must try cooking stew pork rib . so far have not tried. Hmm...eat with porridge nice too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stewed pork rib and they are easy to cook.

      Delete
  21. so many yummy dish.. I would love to eat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. Can never go wrong with stewed pork ribs.

      Delete
  22. i like to eat dishes like this too. porridge with gravy looks like porridge with marmite. very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like the building is as colorful as the fence....nice photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meggie. The kindergarten is a very colourful building.

      Delete
  24. Very nice fences. The Kindergarten one is quite colorful.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...