Saturday 25 February 2017

My Kind Of Breakfast, Hot & Spicy Noodles!

I have a liking for hot, spicy and sourish food. Very seldom do I take mild or bland food. I have no problem taking food that is hot, spicy or sourish for my first meal of the day. The times when I take mild tasting food, it is usually when I am not feeling well or when I have an upset tummy.

Below are my past 2 days' exciting and yummy-licious breakfasts to share with you.
 Curry Noodle - flat rice noodle with BBQ pork slices & blanched long beans. Preferably with additional curry paste to my bowl of curry noodle.
This curry noodle is at Restoran Blue Sky, Jalan Mas 1, Falim, Ipoh.
 Tom Yum Seafood Noodle - rice noodle with prawn, cuttlefish, fish paste, etc. I had this breakfast at Sin Choi Yuen Coffee Shop, Taman Pertama, Ipoh.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters. 
 Can you guess what this is? I noticed this weird looking thing clinging onto my garden slipper one late evening. I have to switch on the porch light to have a clearer look. I hurried to grab my smartphone. It had 4 long slender projections or tentacles below it.
 Then it began to transform before my eyes and I was very puzzled. The long tentacles shortened and were with fluffy ends.
 The fluffy tentacles grew shorter and shorter.
 And it dropped to the ground and it turned out to be this insect.
If I hadn't seen it being transformed with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it was this insect.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

For our earthly bodies, the ones we have now that can die,
must be transformed into heavenly bodies that cannot perish
but will live forever.
(1 Corinthians 15:53, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. Hello, it is cool watching the insect transform. Wonderful captures.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a happy new week ahead!

      Delete
  2. It reminds me of hot satay noodles I had long time ago.! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all your curry and tom yum noodles look very pedas! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they look very pedas but for me, it is not very pedas.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness...I'd probably freak out to see this bug on my slipper.

    Now, on the other hand, I could go for that delicious food! Sounds and looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anni. Actually the bug gave me a scare too. I was trying to make out what it was.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy spicy food but leave it until later in the day.
    What a weird insect but amazing to watch it transform itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my friends will leave the spicy food for later in the day. That was one strange insect.

      Delete
  6. Wow ~ transformation right before your eyes ~ what an experience and lovely photos of the event ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Saturday ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. That was one great experience watching the transformation of the bug. Have a happy new week ahead!

      Delete
  7. The bowl of curry noodles looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have phobia of insects

      Delete
    2. I used to have a lot of phobias but as I grow older, most of the phobias are gone.

      Delete
  8. Boa tarde, a comida picante também é do meu agrado, ver a transformação do insecto foi um excelente momento fotografico.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. This is an amazing experience.

      Delete
  9. Now that's my kind of breakfast too. I love, love, love hot and spicy food.

    Yikes on the bug.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure that I would enjoy spicy food for breakfast but I certainly would later in the day. Amazing transformation of a little creature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I can take spicy food for any time of the day.

      Delete
  11. I love spicy food also, and yours looks great. The bug transformation is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!! you captured the insect so nicely..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like spicy food too, no problem even if it is very spicy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spicy food but not too spicy. Have a great new week, Ola!

      Delete
  14. This is the weirdest bug-type thing I have seen!!! Please let us know if you find out what it is! OH, what I would give to just taste this broth!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I still do not know what bug was that.

      Delete
  15. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. At first I was scared, not knowing what it was.

      Delete
  17. That is amazing! How neat that you were able to get those photos. I'm following you now! YAY! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hugs, Diane. Thank you for following. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  18. the noodles look so tasty. I think I'm going to like it Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lei. If you like spicy food, then you will like them.

      Delete
  19. You have good taste in breakfasts, and that is one cool looking insect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to see it with my own eyes to believe they are the same insect.

      Delete
  20. The world of bugs is really amazing. As many of them r so tiny, we Hv missed out on many, especially when we r caught up in our busy lives. My husband used to b an avid macro photographer n he introduced to many of these gorgeous bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there are many other minute and interesting insects in my garden but I couldn't get good shots with my humble smartphone camera.

      Delete
  21. looks delicious! i love having noodles every time. thanks for sharing!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that kind of thick sourish curry! Especially with the mint leaves...

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...