Thursday 16 February 2017

Simple Home Cooked Ginger Chicken & Fried Dumplings.

There are some foodstuffs in my refrigerator that I needed to clear. As far as possible, I try to check my fridge regularly to make sure that the foodstuffs will be consumed before their expiry date. I noticed that there is a bunch of green vegetable and some dumpling skin (sui kow wrappings) in the fridge that needed to be used up fast. I checked the freezer to see what I can cook for dinner and I found half a chicken and some minced meat. So below were the home cooked dishes I cooked from the items I found in my fridge.
Ginger Chicken
Main ingredients: Chicken, chopped ginger & garlic, Chinese cooking wine.
Fried Dumplings with minced meat & chopped prawns filling. 
 Blanched green vegetable (choy sum) with garlic oil & oyster sauce.
A simple home cooked dinner for 2 person.
*     *     *     *     *
The following 2 photos are for joining Good Fences.
Photo #1 - Green chain link fence behind the Scarlet Banana plants.
Photo #2 - Green chain link fence next to the Dahlia plants.

Linking to Good Fences.

It is because I have preached these great truths
that I am in trouble here and
have been put in jail like a criminal.
But the Word of God is not chained, even though I am.
(2 Timothy 2:9, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. Wonderful walk through your garden, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cloudia. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful Dahlias! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a joy to have home cooked food, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I don't cook as often as I should. Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Interesting post my dear, thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A meal fit for a king. Yummy.

    The flowers are beautiful. I know it's about fences, but that red jumped right out at me.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee for your kind comments. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  6. A very delicious meal! I love those crisp dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely garden, delicious food and a fence too ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Day ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dahlia is gorgeous! I have never seen one this color! I would so much LOVE to tour your beautiful garden. I can almost smell your ginger chicken through the screen, it looks so good! I love both chicken and ginger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny for your kind comments. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  9. you have wonderful garden.. I always feel like visiting your garden in my own eyes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. I have a very small garden at the side of my house.

      Delete
  10. Your Dahlia is brilliant, and the ginger chicken looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is good that you check the items in your fridge regularly to prevent items from expiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I must cultivate a habit of regularly checking the items in my fridge.

      Delete
  12. More delicious dishes & a beautiful dahlia! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are an excellent chef! Your flowers make those fences look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. These are simple dishes but very flavourful especially the ginger chicken.

      Delete
  14. I love the ginger chicken. I actually thinkinh of cooking it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did you cook the ginger chicken? It goes well with white rice.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. It is very flavourful and great with white rice.

      Delete
  16. I want those Fried Dumplings. Gorgeous pops of red with your fences. We were thinking alike with (red) today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ida. I saw your pops of red with your fences too. Have a beautiful Sunday!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Fried dumplings are hot favourites.

      Delete
  18. Wow.. this is not a simple meal to me.. Would like to try the fried dumplings..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. The fried dumplings are easy.

      Delete
  19. I love vegetables that are cooked with oyster sauce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Oyster sauce adds flavour to the dish.

      Delete
  20. The food looks delicious and I like your fence shots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nancy,
    Homely dishes ... I especially like the chicken and ginger.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...