Monday 20 February 2017

Lunch Gathering At Maharaj Restaurant, Ipoh.

Finally, we managed to get together for a lunch gathering minus a friend who was having a bad sore throat. Even though she decided not to join for fear of passing the virus to us, she blessed us to go ahead with the lunch without her. We went ahead with the lunch gathering because it is not easy to get the majority together due to our individual's busy schedule. Our lunch venue was Maharaj restaurant located at 36, Jalan Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah, Ipoh. Tel:05-2432515. 

The four of us went in one car. Since it was a week day, there were not many customers and the place was rather quiet. This was my first visit here. As I got down from my car, I realized that I did not have my smartphone with me. No smartphone means no camera but a wonderful friend came to the rescue. She volunteered to take whatever photos I needed. 
Thank you, my dear friend for all the photos.
Restaurant front.
 Entrance to the restaurant.
 Restrictions notice for patrons.
After we have chosen a corner table for the 4 of us, we were handed the menu.
 First, plain water was served in stainless steel containers.
Tea Halia or Ginger Tea for 3 people (I was one of them) @ RM 4 each.
Pineapple Juice for a friend @ RM 6.
For starter - Bendi Jaipuri or Deep Fried Okra/Ladies Fingers @ RM 8
We enjoyed this very much.
 Fish Tikka - Deep Fried Spicy Fish Meat @ RM 17.
 Baingan or Brinjal Curry @ RM 12.50.
 Mutton Vindaloo or Mutton curry @ RM 19.
 Dal Tadka or Dhall Curry @ RM 11.50
We requested for a refill @ RM 11.50
 Plain Briyani Rice @ RM 7.
 We ordered 3 types of bread.
1 Chappathi @ RM 3.50 + 1 Pratha (Pudina) @ RM 5.
+ 1 Garlic Naan @ RM 5.
 One photo for the album for sweet memory.
For the time being no more photography.
We want to pay full attention on our delicious lunch and fellowship.
A friend was blessed with a great bonus and this lunch was her treat.
The lunch came to RM 137.60 (incl. 6 % GST & 10% service tax).
 After we have eaten, we enjoyed more fellowship and continued with the photography.
 Decorations and paintings on the wall.
 More decorations and paintings.
 Nice painting in a room.
A room with 2 big tables and paintings on the wall.

At the blast of your breath the waters divided!
They stood as solid walls to hold the seas apart.
(Exodus 15:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like Indian food, but don't know what to order because I only know the common ones.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful place to eat, the food and the restaurant looked amazing. Always nice to enjoy the company of friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. The food tastes better in good company.

      Delete
  3. The place looks nice.. I never been there too.. never heard of it until now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about this place but this is my first visit.

      Delete
  4. So yum! I love esp. those fried okra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. We all love the fried okra.

      Delete
  5. Your friend is so considerate. I hope she has recovered from the sore throat. The food looks wonderful. I am particularly attracted to the deep fried okra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. The deep fried okra is very good. Something new and different.

      Delete
  6. i like to eat all the food here. love the spices used, so fragrant and flavourful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Everything dish tastes good!

      Delete
  7. A beautiful restaurant, and the food looks so good. How is it i am always hungry when i read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I take it as a compliment. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  8. Amazing dear kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure looks great Nancy but I don't like Indian food unfortunately. Sorry but the friendship was great between the four of you. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is understandable that not everyone likes Indian food. Not all Indian food I like, but there are some that I like.

      Delete
  10. I miss those younger days where I meet my good friend to have meals every alternate day, now all married and busy with work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not easy when we were working and with young children. Now that most of us are retired, we are able to do so more regularly.

      Delete
  11. The food looks so yummy.. and ambience is very much inviting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. Nice ambience and good food.

      Delete
  12. I love Indian food. A lot. I would have enjoyed dining here very much.

    I love it when you get together with your gal pals.

    Have a fabulous day, Linda. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. It was good food with good company.

      Delete
  13. Good friends, good food...what more could one want. Oh, and a beautiful place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos! This looks like a delicious feast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous place, both inside and out. Looks very fancy. The food looks divine, and even their bowls are lovely. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I like their bowls and their stainless steel cups.

      Delete
  16. Great post! Happy new week!:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. blessings......
    it all looks so good!
    Its great to stay connected.

    peace.
    Rhapsody
    https://rappingonamelody.blogspot.com
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    https://www.goodreads.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    https://www.instagram.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    http://rhapsodyphoenix.tumblr.com/


    “The highest education is that which does not merely give us information, but makes our life in harmony with all existence”-Rabindranath Tagore

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Indian bread. I'd order all three types too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Indian bread. The mint pratha is good.

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. The elephant is a nice decorative item.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...