Friday 5 May 2017

Helicopters Flying Over Our Place

On the evening of 1st May, two of my ex-colleagues sent me notification of the roads closure in Ipoh old town starting from 2nd to 4th May from early morning to midday. There was a big event held to celebrate the International Firefighters Day on 4th May. The rehearsal days were on the 2nd and 3rd May and I assumed these helicopters were part of the event. Thanks to my thoughtful ex-colleagues, we were spared from getting caught in the traffic congestion. We took note of the roads closure and we stayed away from that part of town for the 3 days.

On the 2nd May morning, I was watering my plants in the garden when I heard the thrumming sound and saw the helicopter flying overhead. I didn't think much of it. Then I heard the helicopter coming back again and there were two. After a while, they came back again and I saw there were three! Then I hurried in to get my smart phone ready to snap some photos if they come back again. I managed to capture the following shots with my humble phone camera. Of course, they are not of good quality but they are good enough for me.
These photos were taken from my porch area. Whenever I heard the thrumming sound of helicopters coming closer, I hurried out from my house and waited for them. It was hot and I was sweating away in my housecoat. Sounds crazy. Lol!
 Photo #2 
 Photo #3
 Photo #4
 Photo #5
 Photo #6
 Photo #7
Photo #8
Photo #9
Linking to Skywatch Friday.

"Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant.
And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there," he said.
Seven times Elijah said, "Go back."
The seventh time the servant reported,
"A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea."
So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab,
'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.'"
(1 Kings 18:34-44, New International Version-NIV)

50 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Hugs and have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  2. If me, I think I will wait for it too, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Sharon! Just when I thought they were not coming again and went into the house, I started to hear the helicopter sound again.

      Delete
  3. ...they sure can be noisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very noisy. Have a wonderful weekend, Tom!

      Delete
  4. we have a huge ground little far from our colony .on national days helicopters fly whole day and make terrible noise .
    you captured them so well my friend !
    best wishes for your gardening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baili. It was a bonus to be able to capture 3 helicopter in my photos. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  5. Bom dia, as fotos estão perfeitas, o que interessa é a oportunidade do momento, foi o que fez muito bem.
    Bom fim de semana,
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something indeed special for 'Skywatch!'. I've never seen 3 helis together before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. So happy to get all 3 helicopters in the photos. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  7. They must have had a wonderful celebration on the ground and in the skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose so. Hubby had to work and I stayed home. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I was busy because of the busy skies! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. I hope nothing was wrong for there to be so many....when my hubby had his stroke a helicopter took him to a better hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these helicopters were part of the celebration of the event. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cloudia. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  11. Wow, they are impressive photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. They are the best I could get with my smartphone! Have a terrific weekend!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  13. I like the last photo, very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting post! Thanks for sharing! 💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolina. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  15. Great photographs, Nancy. You're a very good photographer.

    What a great way to say thank you to our unsung heroes.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  16. I think they ARE good photos! Especially of all three. Plus you included the beautiful roofs! Even the sky is beautiful! All your efforts were really worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I have to be fast before the helicopters disappear from my sight!

      Delete
  17. Lovely pics dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a terrific weekend!

      Delete
  19. looks interesting but it is too noisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. Very noisy especially when they are flying low. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  20. Nice photos, but even only one makes a terrible noise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. It was quite a noisy morning. Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  21. thanks for the photos. i would not have the patience to wait for them in the hot sun so kudos to you. have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Ha ha...anyway these photos are worth the waiting and sweat! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  22. I'd be running for my camera if this was happening too. An amazing sight. Then I'd try to find out why they were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gemma. I did check with my friends and they confirmed it has to do with the Firefighters Day celebration. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  23. Well done you did a good job of these photos. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...