Monday 29 May 2017

Sunday Breakfast At Restoran Yee Lock, Ipoh.

It was Sunday once again. Woke up early to sweep my porch area of the dried leaves and to water my plants. I opened my gate and as usual look for the sunrise. My smartphone camera was ever ready to take anything that is of interest to me.
As you can see, the street lights were still on.
As I watered my plants, I took some photos of my plants to share with you.
My Aglaonema Pink Lady
Plumbago blooms.
Yellow Frangipani or Hawaiian Yellow Plumeria.
Coming in from the garden, I went to take my bath and got ready for church. Before church, we needed to get some breakfast. Hubby missed his dry curry noodle, so we went to Restoran Yee Lock, at Jalan Raja Musa Aziz, Ipoh.
Hubby's breakfast - His usual dry curry noodle with chicken meat, bbq and roast pork.
I prefer the curry noodle - wet or soup version.
While waiting for the curry noodles to be served, I walked to the snacks or desserts counter.
I bought 2 pieces of sweet cakes or Nyonya kuih (both made from glutinous rice). The red one with bean paste filling and the white one with peanut filling. Hubby took half of the ang koo. After eating these glutinous kueh, I hope I won't feel sleepy in church.
We both ordered our usual unsweetened hot black coffee. Black coffee is great for keeping me awake after a heavy breakfast. The coffee got spilled onto the saucer on the way to our table. It was thick bitter coffee and we called it kopi-o kaw kaw.

All of us must die eventually.
Our lives are like water spilled out on the ground,
which cannot be gathered up again.
But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways
to bring us back when we have been separated from him.
(2 Samuel 14:14, New Living Translation-NLT)

49 comments:

  1. Flores lindas e pratos apetitosos.
    Um abraço.
    Autografos Futebol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your desserts more than the noodles. Your kopi-o kaw kaw must be very bitter like wong lo kat herbal drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will taste bitter for beginners but once you get used to it, it will not be very bitter.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a satisfying breakfast, and I especially love your first two photos!!! Gorgeous! I hope that you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like to take black coffee with no sugar after a carbo loaded meal so that I can stay awake hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it works for me but sometimes when I am too sleepy, the coffee is not strong enough to keep me awak!

      Delete
  5. Wow lots for breakfast. Love your sunrise. Have a great week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure that's a breakfast not lunch? The plants are so beautiful, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, it was our breakfast. Sometimes, it can be our lunch too. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  7. Hello, pretty sky shot! The flowers are lovely too. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea is for me, keep me energised. ^^

    I would like your hubby's dry curry noodle. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing to see what you and your husband have for breakfast. I had for a special Sunday's breakfast was Hungry Mans breakfast which
    makes up of 3 eggs, easy over, 3 sausages, 3 pieces of bacon, small potatoes and 2 pieces of whole wheat bread. Would you be able to enjoy this breakfast?
    Have a wonderful Monday Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Oh, I would enjoy your type of breakfast but not so with hubby. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  10. I love your green thumb. Your plants are beautiful.

    I always enjoy your food posts. I wish I could go with you when you have a meal.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  11. Someday i would love to taste that coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee is very tasty! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  12. I prefer my coffee sweet, your hubby's dry curry noodles look good

    Such an enjoyable day for you, a satisfying breakfast before going for church service

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. My taste buds have gotten used to bitter coffee. Have a lovelyd day!

      Delete
  13. Our son drinks black coffee too. I don't see how anyone can do it, it is so bitter. I have gone down to one pack of sugar. And still need a touch of cream. I adore your sky with the dawn not quite light yet!! The lights in your neighborhood look like twinkling stars fallen to the ground. Your plants are so beautiful, and a great variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I used to drink sweet coffee but later I have gotten used to bitter coffee. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the great post) Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dry curry noodle looks delicious. Very nice sky and lovely flowers. Very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. The early light breaking through the darkness. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  17. What beautiful colours in your pink lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oo..my favourite kuih! How I wish I could have some right now. Your plants are really thriving, Nancy. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Francisco. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always hope for the thick curry sauce when I order dry curry noodle. But often get the version in your picture, which is more 'kuan lo' noodle to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, if you want the thick curry sauce for dry curry noodle, the best place in Ipoh is the Restoran Yee Fatt, Jalan Kampar (opposite Methodish Girls' School).

      Delete
    2. Copying this in my to-do list, thanks!

      Delete
    3. I hope the thick curry gravy will be to your liking.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...