Tuesday 9 May 2017

Home Cooked My Home Grown Brinjals.

After having sought the help of some gardening experts from the Facebook gardening groups, my friend and I were ready to harvest our Green and White Brinjals. The next day I visited my friend and she gave me a Brinjal from her harvest to add to the two Brinjals harvested from my garden. The rest of the Brinjals are not ready for harvest yet.
I harvested 2 fruits, 1 from this plant and 1 from another plant.
The bigger fruit on the left is from my friend's garden. The 2 smaller fruits are from my own plants.
Just as I was about to cut them up, I remembered I needed to take some photos. Notice the centre fruit? I had just cut off the stalk.
The Brinjals were cut into half lengthwise to reveal the seeds. The 2 bigger fruits were just harvested in time before the seeds started to mature and harden. The smaller one was still tender.
*     *     *     *     *
My friend cut her Brinjals crosswise and grilled them. I cut mine to cook with the Okra harvested from my garden together with some winged beans from my friend's garden.
My Home cooked dinner.
I stir fried these mixed veggies with garlic, belacan (shrimp paste), some chili padi from my garden and some fresh prawns. The Brinjals were very sweet and tender but the skin is thicker than the purple long brinjals. I hope to steam the Brinjals from the next harvest.
Fried Fishes without the heads. I don't know the name of these fishes in English but it is known as Chai Yu Zhai in Cantonese.
A quarter of chicken cooked with plum sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger, onions, chili padi and salt & sugar to taste. The above was our Saturday's dinner for 2 person. We finished the plate of mixed veggie but kept the left over of the fishes and chicken for the next day's lunch.
Saturday's sunset.
I took these sunset shots from the front of my house. 
*     *     *     *     *
The following photo is for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
Miniature sets of Traditional Bronze Bells from China. These miniature bells were found in the Classic Dining Restaurant, Ipoh.


The traditional fasts and times of mourning you have kept in
July, August, October, and January are ended.
They will be changed to joyous festivals if you love truth and peace!
(Zechariah 8:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

68 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Hugs and have a good week too!

      Delete
  2. Yum yum yum... Homegrown and homecook are the best...😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elin. It is so special just because it is homegrown. Lol!

      Delete
  3. I love your homemade dinner, Nancy. From your garden to the dinner table...isn't that cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. It is very satisfying to taste our homegrown food.

      Delete
  4. ...Nancy, yet again a vegetable that I have never heard of, good food, wonderful skies and beautiful bells. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, how wonderful to cook and eat your own harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. It is very rewarding.

      Delete
  6. Nothing beats a homegrown food to table meal. All very fresh and looks so delicious...If I live in Ipoh, I would not hesitate to invite myself to taste your homecooked meal:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. Sure! You are most welcome!

      Delete
  7. Your meal looks fantastic. I have never seen green aubergines (eggplants) before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda. It is also my first time.

      Delete
  8. yum! it all looks so delicious and even better that it is homegrown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya. Homegrown and homecooked is the best!

      Delete
  9. Stir fried vegetables from your own garden, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. It was a wonderful treat!

      Delete
  10. Nothing beats healthy homecooked meals. And home grown too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. It wonderful to be able to homecook our own home grown produce.

      Delete
  11. Burp! Sorry about that. Your dinner was great Nancy. Thank you for leaving the heads off the fish. Whenever I see the heads on the fish, it makes me sick especially since I still have to eat the rest of the dinner. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paul. Good thing I left out the fish head. If the fishes with the heads are fried till crispy, the whole fish could be eaten. Ha ha..have a good day!

      Delete
  12. Wonderful bounty of veggies! Loved the bells also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks delicious and so much better when it is home grown. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to come to your house for dinner. Delicious. Everything looks so delicious.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. You are welcome to our simple homecooked meals.

      Delete
  15. Very interesting post. I had never seen thoses fruits/veggies before.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. This is also my first time seeing these green eggplant.

      Delete
  16. Your sunset is just gorgeous! This is a fruit we do not have here; I have never heard of it! They look a bit like eggplant. Your dishes always look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. This is the green and white eggplant. I have tasted the common purple ones and also the white ones. This is the first time tasting green ones.

      Delete
  17. Interesting post! Thanks for sharing! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  19. Homegrown and home cooked is my favourite! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brinjal is one of my favourites, I love your homecooked chicken with plum and oyster sauce, must be very tasty.

    And lovely sunset photos! You have lovely scenery in front of your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I too like the chicken in plum sauce and oyster sauce. It tasted great.

      Delete
  21. Always a joy to have home cooked food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home cooked food is still the best. Have a great day, Mamas!

      Delete
  22. Really interesting post! Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. From the outside they look like cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like cucumbers but they are eggplants.

      Delete
  24. I have never heard of Brinjals before now...they are interesting to see. Love the sunsets and of course I enjoyed your Tuesday's Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Locally, these are known as Brinjals. Some call it Eggplant or Aubergine. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  25. Wahhh.. Your dishes made me salivate.... Nice homecooked dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. Hope these home cooked dishes reminded you of Ipoh! Ha ha!

      Delete
  26. How rewarding it must feel to eat the fruits of your own garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very rewarding! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  27. Nice! I think it's cool to cook something straight from your garden. That's my life goals. Haha. Honestly, I'm excited to make my own garden and do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lux. It is very rewarding to grow edibles in our garden and then watching them grow, harvest and eat them.

      Delete
  28. oh so thr skin is harder. eating vegetables from own garden is so much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will be great for grilling or deep frying.

      Delete
  29. Awesome to grow your own veggies... Those are always the best and much better than the ones you have to buy at the store/market..... YUM.... All of your dinners look so delicious. Made me hungry!!!!!! ha

    Beautiful sun pictures also... AND--those bells are beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. Homegrown always tastes sweeter and fresher. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  30. Biggest problem with green fruit... difficult to know when to harvest them!

    That looks like a simple but yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stacy. I waited and waited and the fruit still looks green. Good thing I sought the experts' help. Thank you, Stacy and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  31. It is always a joy to enjoy simple yet delicious home cooked meal. What's more, harvesting the veggie or fruits right from the garden. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Very rewarding to harvest from own garden and enjoy tasting the food too. Have a great day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...