Monday 15 May 2017

Cold and Wet Morning Breakfast At Restoran Poh Heng, Ipoh.

Happy Mother's Day!

Even though we woke up early as usual, we couldn't go out for our morning walk because it was raining. So we went about doing our own things until the rain slowed down to a drizzle at about 8 am. Hubby reversed out the car for us to go out for our breakfast.
 Hubby drove to the chicken noodle shop to found it closed. I suggested trying out a new place but we couldn't find a place to park our car.
 Further down the road, we saw a parking space and it was right in front of a coffee shop which we have not been for a long time. So, for convenience sake, we went in and ordered our breakfast at Restoran Poh Heng, Jalan Tokong.
 My bowl of spicy hot curry noodle for a wet and cold morning.
Yellow noodle with bbq pork, roast pork and topped with mint leaves.
Hubby's dry version curry noodle.
A combination of yellow noodle and rice vermicelli, bbq pork, roast pork.
All the mint leaves ended up in my bowl because he didn't like the mint leaves.
We like these crunchy deep fried prawn fritter and stuffed bean curd skin.
We ordered a piece of each and have them cut into smaller pieces.
2 fish balls, 1 meat ball and 1 stuffed tofu in plain soup.
We were filled and we enjoyed the curry noodles.

And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you.
Wash your hands, you sinners, and let your hearts be filled
with God alone to make them pure and true to him.
(James 4:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Lovely fresh hot food on a rainy day. What could be better? The second dish looks especially good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2nd dish is the dry curry noodle. Have a great day, Ginny!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a hearty meal, and I love your sky photos! I hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It was a hearty meal to warm up a cold morning.

      Delete
  3. Fish balls sound interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. I like these fish balls because they fresh and not from mass production.

      Delete
  4. i like to eat mint leaves. tasty and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mint leaves and I get to eat hubby's share too! Lol!

      Delete
  5. ...we have had skies like this lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we have skies like this, the weather will be cool and nice. Have a good day, Tom!

      Delete
  6. I love mint but I have not had it with curry noodles. Must be good, the combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must try mint leaves with curry noodles. I love it!

      Delete
  7. Nice breakfast. Happy Mother's Day to you too, Nancy.

    I went for a jog in the morning. Weather was cooling and breezy. We did had a quick shower in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. It is raining less these few days and the weather is getting hot and makes me hot and sweaty.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I love curry noodles. Have a lovely day, Angie!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, David. We Ipohites love to eat!

      Delete
  10. Being a Canadian Nancy, I'm amazed with the many types of breakfast dishes that you have. The dishes that you show look delicious for lunch or dinner for me but never breakfast. If you were to come to Canada, what would you and your husband be able to have for breakfast? I love your blog because it's so different in the food that you show us. I can't wait until each day what you show us. Thank you for all that you show me. Many of the dishes I wish I could have for my dinner, especially the hot ones. I like heat but at times the heat can be to hot.
    Have a wonderful Monday my friend. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I love hot food. Over here, the food we eat for breakfast can also be eaten for lunch or dinner. If we eat out, we can find these food selling throughout the whole day. If I go to Canada, I will eat what you Canadian eats and I will enjoy too! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  11. I love your foodie posts. I look forward to every dish. I would have loved these dishes very much.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your bowl of curry noodle with pork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy the curry noodle. Have a great day!

      Delete
  13. I cannot imagine eating that much for breakfast!!!! have a good week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. We always start our day with a heavy breakfast. Have a good week too!

      Delete
  14. Looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great food! Happy new week!:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely food photos Nancy. Your breakfast looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hot curry noodle is so enticing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. Its my favourite noodle!

      Delete
  18. Oooh that bowl of curry noodles! I'd normally get all the mint leaves too as not many people like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone likes the strong smell of the mint leaves but we love it. Have a happy day, Stacy!

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Nice brooding skies can be so much cooler. Have a lovely day, William!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...