Tuesday 2 May 2017

Golden Girls' Lunch At Tokyo Kitchen, Aeon Big Falim, Ipoh.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that we, the Golden Girls had lunch at the Tokyo Kitchen in Aeon Big, Falim. I waited till everyone was in the car to ask where we were going for lunch. I need to know where because I was the one driving.

Someone suggested Tokyo Kitchen and it sounded good because we wanted to avoid the long weekend traffic jam in town.
This is Tokyo Kitchen, latest attraction in Aeon Falim. 
 Set Meals poster at the entrance.
 Set lunch promotion at the entrance.
Interior of Tokyo Kitchen.
We were led to the right side, 2 steps up to a raised platform. Our table was next to a fish pond.
 Here is the main and lower portion.
Our orders for our lunch as shown below.
 Friend A & B ordered this Chicken Teriyaki Set @ RM 14.80 each.
It is served with tofu, miso soup, rice & green tea or ice lemon tea.
Friend A chose hot green tea and B chose ice lemon tea.
Friend C ordered this Saba Yakimono Set (Teriyaki) @ RM 15.80.
It is served with tofu, miso soup, rice and she chose hot green tea.
My order - Saba Yakimono set (Shioyaki - salt grilled) @ RM 15.80.
It has the same servings, plus a lemon wedge for the fish and hot green tea.
 We had 3 side orders.
#1 - Chuka Hotate (Scallop salad) @ RM 11.90.
#2 - Lobster salad roll, 4 pieces @ RM 9.90.
#1 & #2
 #3 - Soft shell crab cheesy roll, 4 pieces @ RM 12.90.
 Total cost of our lunch including GST 6 % = RM 111.80.
After lunch, we did some shopping at Aeon Big supermarket.
Inside the supermarket, we didn't know when the thunderstorm started.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
 Saw this chair in my friend's house. This is not really an antique but it resembled those old antique chairs from the old days.
We saw this on one wall in Aeon, Falim.
I stood in front of this old wall and called my friends' attention to the door and the portion above the door. We even touched the door and found out that it was only a picture printed on a canvas. We were all deceived into thinking it was the real thing.


For false Christs shall arise, and false prophets,
and will do wonderful miracles so that if it were possible,
even God's chosen ones would be deceived.
(Matthew 24:24, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. It is a very pretty place. And the food looks awesome!! I love how they show big pictures of what you can order. Your door picture fooled me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big pictures help us to decide on our order. And I like the detailed description of the ingredients in English.

      Delete
  2. Those lobster rolls look very delicious. That 'door' looks so REAL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I like the lobster rolls too.

      Delete

  3. I follow you. I hope you follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the door sure looks real. i like to eat all the food here and i will order the same set as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I am glad I ordered the salt grilled saba fish. I enjoyed the original and fresh taste of the fish.

      Delete
  5. The set meals look good. I somehow love Japanese set meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I am only beginning to learn to enjoy Japanese food. Still very much a beginner!

      Delete
  6. That door does look real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...we were all deceived by the painting!

      Delete
  7. ...Nancy, often things aren't as they appear! Such a handsome chair and a realistic door. Thanks for sharing this week, please stop back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom for hosting. Have a beautiful week!

      Delete
  8. Sorry, i really do need to edit my comments better for spelling. That door would fool a carpenter! The food looks so good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay, Mimi. The door really had us fooled. Have a good day!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Sharon. I am sure you will! Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. I love, love, love all things Japanese. Hubby and I had Japanese food for our anniversary. It was heavenly.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I am a beginner when Japanese food is concerned but I am beginning to like it. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  11. I can always count on you for showing me some wonderful food. I was wondering, what does RM 111.80. compared in American or Canadian money? I'm just wondering. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the internet currency converter, RM 111.80 is about $25.89 usd.

      Delete
  12. Looks like a very pretty place to eat and the food looked amazing. The door certainly had me fooled too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. The place is new and nice and the food is good too. Very deceptive door!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Nice place with good food!

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful day for you golden girls, I love Japanese food, I will also order your set if I am there because I like grilled fish though must be careful of the bones.

    If you did not say, I would thought that is a real door, so deceiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, have to be careful of the bones, but there were only a few bones only. We were so near to the door and couldn't even see its not real. Lol!

      Delete
  15. So great dear :) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting post. We keep in touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum!!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/05/down-to-jordan-river.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you call yourselves the Golden Girls. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. We are in the golden age! Lol!

      Delete
  19. That is amazing that that door is not real! I love that chair...

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...