Tuesday 16 May 2017

Tips To Avoid Expensive Laptop Repairs.

Lately, the my desktop computer has been behaving kind of cranky and will just hang or my monitor will just go blank. Last week, I was busy working on my computer and all the while my computer was doing fine until the work was all completed.

When I started my computer later in the afternoon, it acted up again. My monitor was blank and even after a few restarts, nothing was showing on the screen! I called up my regular computer man and was told to send the CPU over for checking. He found nothing wrong with my CPU but it needed some clearing of accumulated dust. Two hours later, my computer was back home and running smoothly. 
This desktop computer has been with me for many years and according to my repair shop, it is still in good working condition and in top performance. Anyway, I have been saving up some money just in case I might need to buy a new laptop in the near future. Meanwhile, I have been going online to find and read up on laptops. Even though it is not time yet for me to invest in a laptop, I enjoy reading about laptops articles and here is an interesting one about the "9 of most expensive laptops" that people own just for the sake of status quo!
$1,000,000 Luvaglio most expensive laptop
Well, I can only buy what I can afford. Reading articles like "8 tips to avoid expensive laptop repairs" will benefit me when I have a laptop of my own. The 8 tips mentioned are helpful tips and some are new to me. I am listing them below in simplified form for future reference and also for those who may find them useful:
1. At a minimum, your laptop should have a firewall, antivirus software and a malware scanner installed.
2. Back up data regularly.
3. Use safe browsing habits for all online work.
4. Always plug in your laptop to a good, high quality surge protector.
5. Prevent blockages and overheating with a can of air on the vent and fan.
6. When in use, make sure the vent and fan are not obstructed.
7. Take care when transporting your laptop.
8. No eating or drinking over your laptop.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent tips, i hope your computer continues to function for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tips! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year I spilled tea on my laptop, I had to couple of hundred dollars to fix it..

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...