Saturday 6 May 2017

New Homes For Our Guppies & Beta Fish.

About 2 months ago, I did a post on my Guppy fishes. At that time, I placed the guppies in an old fashioned glass punch bowl which I took out from my store room. If you are interested, you can click here to take a look at it. 

The few guppies I acquired sort of re-ignited my hubby's interest in guppy rearing as a hobby. From there on, there was no stopping him. He retrieved an old earthen pot from the garden and he transferred the guppies over to the earthen pot which he placed just outside our main door. His friends happily gave him more guppies to add to the pot.
Photo #1
Few days later, hubby came back from the pottery shop with this water feature consisting of a earthen pitcher and a base. The sound of water flowing from the pitcher is very calming and relaxing to our soul and spirit. The earthen pot on the right will be the nursery for the guppy babies. We now have 2 new homes for our guppies.
Photo #2 - Hubby wrote John 14:13-14 on the handle on this pitcher.
Jesus replied that people soon became thirsty again after drinking this water.
"But the water I give them," he said, "becomes a perpetual spring within them,
water them forever with eternal life."
(John 14:13-14, The Living Bible-TLB)
Photo #3 - Here are some snapshots of our guppies in their new home.
 Photo #4
 Photo #5
A video showing the guppies enjoying their meal time.
*     *     *     *     *
In May 2016, I posted about my April Flame which was a Red Beta fish or Siamese Fighting Fish. It died and I got myself another new Beta fish. I couldn't find a red one so I settled for the one below.
 It took over this tiny glass bowl as its home.
Some have earlier commented that this bowl is too small for my Beta fish.
 And I have to agree with them. This is indeed too small.
Since all the guppies have shifted to their new home, this Beta fish can now take over the punch bowl.
 The punch bowl is so much bigger and more space for the Beta fish to swim around.
 The only setback is that we can't see the fish through the sides of the punch bowl.
 I gave it a tiny underwater garden with some water plants. Hope the water plants will increase for the Beta fish to enjoy.
I think for the time being, my Beta fish is quite happy with its new home. I am thinking of getting a better home with see through sides for me to enjoy the Beta fish.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

For this world is not our home;
we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven.
(Hebrews 13:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

51 comments:

  1. Beautiful homes for the fishes. Feel like in nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. We hope they are happy in their new homes.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting hobby and it is a nice feature to have in your garden too:) Have a blessed day Nancy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. Have a blessed day too!

      Delete
  3. your guppies are so colourful! good that the beta fish has a bigger home now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I am happy for the Beta fish too!

      Delete
  4. ...they are so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. We love watching them swimming in the water.

      Delete
  5. so pretty in their unique home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks a real cool container to display your fish.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gordan. You take care too. Have a blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  7. I like that water fountain..a nice deco for the home. My cats would love it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Ha ha I can imagine your cats waiting to catch the guppies!

      Delete
  8. Stunning, a lovely verse to have on the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful new homes for your babies. I love them all. You are so crafty.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Thanks to hubby for expanding the fish project. Have a fabulous Sunday!

      Delete
  10. It looks like they've settled in well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Looks like it. Have a happy Sunday!

      Delete
  11. So colourful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sound of running water, you are right it is so relaxing. Bet the fish are all happy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Hopefully they are happy and settled into their new homes.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful photos of the fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Have a beautiful Sunday!

      Delete
  14. What are the triangular and round green things floating in the pottery? You have a lot of guppies, and they look very active and healthy! The Beta fish is pretty. I agree, you should get something to see him better. For some reason, whenever I see any, they are in very tiny bowls. They just cannot like that! I love what your husband wrote on the pot!!!! It is so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. It is true, in the shops they are all kept in very small bottles. The triangular and round green things are floating water plants. Have a blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  16. I love the water feature one...and the Beta Fish is just so gorgeous. I have always loved looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. It is fun to watch the fishes swim. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  17. Wow, i've never seen such colorful guppies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those guppies are beautiful -- I didn't know they came in so many colors. And a water feature is a great benefit for you and for the fishies! Interesting reading in the post above how you made the 'fences" for the water plants -- very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sallie. Some guppies have very pretty colourful tails. When They are put them together, they cross breed and turn out with multi colours. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  19. I find fish and water so relaxing! Maybe it's because I'm a Pisces! Hope you can enjoying seeing your fish swimming happily around soon!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wren. We enjoy watching the fishes swimming in the water. It was a great past time.

      Delete
  20. Nice home for the fish. They are blessed to have you, Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. We are blessed by their beauty and entertained by these fishes. Have a great day!

      Delete
  21. Just from these pictures, *I* also feel like rearing betta and guppies! No wonder your hubby got interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, once you started, you will get to enjoy the fishes. Its fun and relaxing to watch the fishes swimming in the water.

      Delete
  22. Hello Nancy, love the fish and their cute homes. Great photos. I was away for two weeks and I am so sorry to be late commenting and visiting your post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...