Sunday 7 May 2017

Our Breakfast At Doris Cafe, Menglembu.

When I returned home from visiting friends, I found a card from Poslaju (courier service) stating that there was no one home when they came to deliver a parcel to my house. That was on Friday. So on Saturday afternoon, I went out to collect the parcel. On the way home, I went to buy some groceries and just before starting my car to drive home, I could hear my hungry stomach growling. Out of the blue, the craving for curry puffs came upon me! And I know of a place selling nice curry puffs.

I sat in my car, contemplating whether to go all the way to get the curry puffs or just to return home to make a cup of hot drink and eat some biscuits. Well, finally the craving in me won and I found myself driving about 7 km to Doris Cafe in Menglembu town (near the wet market). Well, it was worth it because hubby and I enjoyed the curry puffs. And coincidentally, in the evening I found these photos that I meant to post but totally forgotten about them. Hubby and I had breakfast there exactly 2 months ago.
 Hubby ordered a plate of Sambal Chee Cheong Fun (spicy flat rice noodle)
 I ordered this big curry puff for my breakfast.
 We both ordered the same red beans sweet porridge (tong sui).
 Poster listing the different types of curry puffs.
Prices for the different types of curry puffs.
*     *     *     *     *
Yesterday, I did a post on my guppies' new homes and some of you may have noticed and wondered about the triangular and round green things floating on the water. 
This is specially for you, Ginny, You were curious about these green things.
 These green things are floating water plants. I used drinking straws for the triangles and plastic tube for the round one to prevent the floating plants from spreading and floating all over the surface of the water.
A closer look at the floating water plants. 3 drinking straws to make 1 triangle.

Have a blessed Sunday!

48 comments:

  1. Nancy, I never thought that the triangle container was actually a homemade ones using drinking straw. That's a genius idea!I might do the same as I want to contain some floating plants for our mini pond...but first I have to search where I can get those plants here...! Thank you for sharing what you do:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. When the friends gave the guppies, they also gave the floating plants.

      Delete
  2. the curry puff looks big. you are so creative to make the triangle from drinking straws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. 1 big curry puff is enough for lunch.

      Delete
  3. ...the curry puff looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. The curry puff tastes good too!

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the owner's name is Doris?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great breakfast! I love both flat rice noodle and curry puff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Photos are amaizing!
    Hope you'll click on links at the end of my last post and leave a comment :) --> http://beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr/2017/05/haul-makeup-clothes-phone-casechokers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a hearty breakfast! And I love the floating plants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these are simple and basic food but very satisfying, I am drooling at the curry puff, slurps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the food. Yummy.

    Love the straw idea. That's very clever.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your food is so different to ours and I so enjoy seeing what you have.
    The straws were a great idea! Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Nancy!! Oh my gosh, these are so awesome!!! They do indeed deserve their own post!! It is fascinating. First that you actually MADE them, and they are perfectly shaped!! I would never in a million years have thought of this solution! And while they are sprouting, they are pretty. You even used the bendy part of the straws so well. Now I really want to try a curry puff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Thought you will be interested in the straw and floating plants. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  12. The floating water plants make a cool sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a fabulous day!

      Delete
  13. Interesting post my dear, thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are way cool plant holders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative to use straws in the garden. I love it.

    Curry puff. Now I am craving for one. So many choices but I will still go for curry puff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I also go for curry puff.

      Delete
  16. Oh, I like that you showed what the green is....food looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ingenious, the floating plants are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Floating water plants look cool...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to taste big curry puff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will get to taste one soon. Have a lovely day, Krishna!

      Delete
  20. So cute what you did with the straws, Nancy. I love it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my God, Nancy..look at all those yummy food! I love them..the curry puff and the spicy noodles are one of my fave! We don't get it too often here in NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Indah. I suppose you will have to look for them in the Asian eateries. Have a good day!

      Delete
  22. That's an interesting way to "discipline" your floating plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. In this way, I get to see the fishes swimming in the water without the plants blocking the view.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...