Tuesday 13 November 2018

My Year Old Eggplants Or Brinjal Plants Are Still Fruitful.

There were times I thought of removing the eggplants or brinjal plants that are about a year old now. When all the brinjals were harvested, the plants rested before they started to flower again. It was during the times of rest that I thought it was time to remove them. But again and again the plants kept on producing brinjals.
 Some of the best fruits I have harvested from the brinjal plants.
 Whatever the colour of the brinjals, their flowers look the same.
 A close up of this beautiful flower.
 The year old plants are still bearing brinjals.
 They are bearing less fruits now.
 I am happy that they are still producing brinjals for my dinner.
 I think these white brinjals are easier to grow that the purple ones.
 One morning's harvest - white brinjals and bitter gourds.
 Another morning's harvest.
I cooked the brinjals or eggplants in the simplest way.
I peeled off the skin and cut them as shown above and steamed them.
 To serve, I drizzled some garlic oil and sprinkled the spicy sambal hae bee over the steamed brinjals. Home grown vegetables are always fresh and tastier and they are free from pesticides.

You are free from the law,
but that doesn't mean you are free to do wrong.
Live as those who are free to do only God's will at all times.
(1 Peter 2:16, The Living Bible-TLB)
*     *     *     *     *
The following picture is for joining Tuesday's Teasures and Image-in-ing.

40 comments:

  1. Hello Nancy!
    Wonderful pictures and great captures of the white eggplants!
    I like making eggplant salad with garlic ,vinegar and parsley!
    Like the old typewriter! Enjoy your day!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIMI! I have not tried eggplant salad yet. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. You are truly blessed with good harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! Enough to keep me happy.

      Delete
  3. ...now that's an interesting typewriter, I've never seen a carriage that long before. Nancy, your garden is really a mini farm! Thanks for sharing today, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have typed on such a typewriter and they are used to type on A3 size paper. Thank you, Tom!

      Delete
  4. What delicious food you grow and cook! Is that typewriter for the characters of a language that has a non-Latin alphabet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! Yes, and I have used this type of typewriter before we switched to computer.

      Delete
  5. The brinjals look pretty healthy and good to see the plant produce still after the retirement :)

    Great finding on the typewriter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. As long as the plant can still produce, I will continue to enjoy.

      Delete
  6. Everything tastes good with sambal hae bee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you grow it yourself it has to be better. I would have love to try this dish.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Have a wonderful day and week!

      Delete
  8. I agree home grown taste so much better. Ww only grow black egg plant here but as you say the flower is just the same. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I wonder if the black egg plant the same as our deep purple eggplant. Take care and stay warm.

      Delete
  9. Me encantan. Las mías ya se están terminando. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steamed urinals are healthy. Very fruitful bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As long as they still produce brinjals after they have rested, please don't remove them. Brinjals are tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mun, I do not have to heart to remove them.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing the flower, don't think I seen the flower before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually people will only notice the butterfly shaped purple leaves because the flowers are very small.

      Delete
  13. The food looks delicious and you're right: home grown vegetables always taste best. I never saw a typewriter with a roll that long. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old office had a few of these typewriter where we need to type on A3 size paper or forms.

      Delete
  14. You got beautiful eggplants. I love eggplants, but cannot eat due to allergy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna! Yes, you better not eat because of the allergy.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...