Wednesday 7 November 2018

Dining At Wong Sheng Restaurant, Desa Rishah, Ipoh.

Wong Sheng Restaurant has been in business for a long time and every time we pass by, the place will be crowded with customers. This restaurant is off the main road but can be seen clearly from the main road. So one fine evening, we decided to give this place a try.

As usual, we were the early customers and we needn't have to wait long for the food. Service was fast and the cooking is to our liking. We like this place so much that we went back 3 Fridays in a row to try their different dishes.

1st Friday dinner - 4 people
Steamed pork belly with taro or yam (kau yoke)
Marmite pork rib served with pickles.
Stinky beans+long beans+minced pork.with spicy prawn paste.
Total cost of dinner - RM 50.60

2nd Friday dinner - 4 people
Poached chicken (half) served with blended ginger.
This is one of their signature dish.
3 combination of vegetables with spicy prawn paste.
(okra, long beans & cabbage)
Tofu with enoki and black mushroom.
I can't remember the cost of this dinner.

3rd Friday dinner - 4 people
Deep fried fish with assam gravy.
Stinky beans is in season - so we ordered stinky beans again
Marmite chicken
Total cost of dinner - RM 64.60
For those who are interested.
This restaurant is off the main road.
Restoran Wong Sheng
During weekends, the tables in the open spaces on the left side will be filled.
On our way to the restaurant.
These days, most evenings are cool or rainy.

Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day,
so was the radiance around him.
This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.
When I saw it, I fell face down, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
(Ezekiel 1:28, New International Version-NIV)

Sharing some colours from my garden to cheer up the rainy day
 Coleus plants
2 shades of pink Adenium

47 comments:

  1. I am drooling seriously...miss the braised pork belly taro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the Adenium is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging from the photos of the dishes, I can understand why there were repeat visits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be going back to try more new dishes. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Good al, yummy and delicious . I love this . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! All meals look delicious. Great selection.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much variety, I would struggle to choose as it all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why we have to go back again and again to try all the nice dishes.

      Delete
  7. Apart from the tofu which I am not over fond of, the dishes all look very appetising. Your Adenium and Coleus are looking good. Hope all is well with you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! All is well over here. Hope you all are safe and keeping warm.

      Delete
  8. Hello Nancy!
    All the dishes looks so delicious and your flowers and plants so beautifully!
    Wonderful pictures! Have a lovely day!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your food pics makes
    me feel hungry,
    and I love it.
    Love all your other pics.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making me hungry, I like all the dishes you ordered, I like the pork belly with yam, poached chicken and the deep fried fish with assam gravy the most

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, William! That is my Adenium at its best. Have a great day!

      Delete
  12. A feast fit foe a king. Your Coleus are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! Yes, we are the kings and queens!

      Delete
  13. Nancy, she looks very appetizing.
    Coleus looks wonderful.
    Hugs and greetings.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like your found a great place to have dinner. The food looks amazing.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food looks quite delicious. Is Marmite Chicken actually made with chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three Fridays in a row, it must be good food.

    The plants are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nancy,
    All the dishes looked yummy. The 3 combination of vegetables with spicy prawn paste dish is very new to me. I have yet to taste stir fry vegetable with prawn paste. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another good place to eat!

    Wow your adenium have so many flowers. I need to go buy fertiliser for mine which barely produce any.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Las comidas se ven sabrosas y las flores preciosas. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  20. as usual, everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...