Saturday 10 November 2018

Simple Home Cooked White Bitter Gourd Omelette

Since I started to concentrate on growing more edibles, I have a regular supply of fresh vegetables for my dinner. At least I know that my home grown vegetables are safe from pesticides and they are fresher and tastier compared to store bought ones. There are many ways to cook the white bitter gourds.
Bitter gourds can be used to cook omelette. Ingredients used: Bitter gourd sliced thinly, eggs, chopped garlic, sliced shallots, salt and pepper to taste.
*     *     *     *     *
The following bitter gourds were harvested from the earlier batch and they were smaller in size.
#1
#2
#3
Some of these had started to ripen.
Remove the seeds and used to grown my current batch of bitter gourds. The rest of the seeds were given away to interested friends.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures are for joining Saturday's Critters.
A friend's pet dog. I managed to get only one good shot.
It is so camera shy.
It is too shy to even look up.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Be merciful, O Lord, for I am looking up to you in constant hope.
Give me happiness, O Lord, for I worship only you.
O Lord, you are so good and kind, so ready to forgive,
so full of mercy for all who ask your aid.
(Psalm 86:3-5, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. Nancy, I'm so impressed with how you can grow your homegrown food just in pots and still be very productive. It's very encouraging, proving to the world that we really don't have any excuse nor reason for starvation in life:) If I live near you, I definitely would not say 'no' to the bittergourd seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! Its the love of gardening that enables us to grow and harvest these home grown veg and our reward is getting to taste them fresh.

      Delete
  2. I don't mind bittergourd, some don't like it because of the bitter taste.

    Oh what a cute and shy dog, i want to pat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These white bitter gourd is not bitter like the normal green ones.

      Delete
  3. ...Bitter gourds isn't aa great sounding name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These white ones are not really bitter, just got stuck with the name "bitter". Lol!

      Delete
  4. Hello Nancy!
    We don’t have here Bitter Gourd,but your omelette looks so yummy and tasty!
    Such a lovely and cute doggie! Have a great weekend!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little dog. I didn't know you can make omelette with gourds. Your's looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful! Bitter gourd is the king of vegetables. It can be cooked in many ways.

      Delete
  6. That dish looks delish,
    I love bitter gourd
    although my son won't eat it.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he will like this because it is not bitter.

      Delete
  7. Hello, Nancy! It is a great idea to grow your own veggies and food. It is much healthier. I love your friend's dog, it is a cutie. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend! PS, thanks also for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little dog :-) Take care and have a good Sunday. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! You take care too and have a good week!

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely dog. I used to have a miniature schnauzer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are living the ideal life of eating homegrown vegetables but of course you put in effort to be able to do so. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious plate!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the great idea, Nancy. Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't have them here; they are strangely beautiful! Cute little dog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never come across this type of gourd locally but the omelette looks delicious. Cute dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love bittergourd! The omelette looks very healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds healthy cooking from the home gown vegetables, that too from our supervision! Cute shy dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Home grown food must be so good. Cute dog, is it a schnauzer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! Not sure whether it is a schnauzer.

      Delete
  17. The white bitter gourds are so cute! The dog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy! Looks like some kind of fruits.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...