Tuesday 6 November 2018

Lunch At New Yorker Cafe, Ipoh.

Instead of having our lunch gathering in Ipoh town, we decided to have it out of town to avoid the lunch crowd. Our friend suggested a place which we haven't been to. It is the New Yorker Cafe, Manhattan Hotel (Wisma Miclebina) at Pasir Puteh, Ipoh.

It is a nice quiet place for the Golden Girls to catch up with one another over a nice meal. As usual, we ordered the food for sharing so that we get to taste the different varieties.
#1 - Smoked Duck Aglio Olio @ RM 18.90
#2 - Squid Linguine Pesto @ RM 18.90
#3 - Chicken Rendang Rice @ RM 16.90
Too dry so we requested for more rendang gravy.
I had hot honey lemon @ RM 6.90\
and 2 friends had apple+orange juice @ RM 7.90 each.
Another friend had plain water.
*     *     *     *     *
For dessert, we ordered the following.
Tiramisu Cake @ RM 15.90
Lemon Cheese Cake @ RM 12.90
Total lunch costs - RM 109.20 (incl. 6% SST)
New Yorker Cafe - Manhattan Hotel Sdn. Bhd.
Wisma Miclebina, Pusat Perniagaan Pengkalan Putra, Ipoh.
*     *     *     *     *
The following are for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
An antique record player or turntable & a vinyl record.
An antique radio.
I wonder how many homes are still using the above items.


When he comes back, he will take these dying bodies of ours
and change them into glorious bodies like his own,
using the same mighty power that
he will use to conquer all else everywhere.
(Philippians 3:21, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Yummy!Fantastic post!
    Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would enjoy all the food you chose. Although I don't know rendang gravy I would like to try it. The lunch venue looks like a fun place. I like the plant with the twisted stem in the entrance and the vintage items. Have a lovely day Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delicious from the mains to the desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm duck and cheese cake sounds good to me. Enjoy your day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...some people are still into vinyl, but not me! From the looks of things, I'd start with dessert. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it when we can taste more types of food by sharing. Furthermore it is because I cannot finish a normal portion of food on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to order 4 types of food but now we have cut down to three so we could enjoy some desserts.

      Delete
  7. Just seeing this makes me hungry. I think I will prepare some pasta for myself now.:) Great dishes...and the desserts look so yummy. I have a weakness for cheese cake and tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivana! I love cheese cake and tiramisu too!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely lunch! Grandma used to have one of those radios, i think they sold it at an auction. Turntables like that were the kind i grew up with, i wish i had one now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nancy!
    I like pasta and those desserts look so tempting to eat!
    Lovely pictures of the antique record player and the old radio!
    Have a lovely day!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buena comida y los postres riquísimos. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that chicken rendang rice and tiramisu cake.

    They say those turntables can produce very nice sound and music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are still keeping the turntables and vinyl records.

      Delete
  12. The lunch looks fabulous. It's good to get together with friends.

    The desserts look heavenly.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet food and place! Love the old devices, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tiramisu looks wonderful! Vinyl record albums are back in style now, and many people have turntables and are buying albums again! Go figure! Must be purely nostalgia, as the sound is not near as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I didn't know that they are still producing vinyl records.

      Delete
  15. Wow!
    Nancy, you showed the delicacies themselves.
    Greetings.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm attracted to the antique record turntable and radio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had them but didn't appreciate them so don't know where they went.

      Delete
  17. Looks like a nice place indeed. Hip enough to belong right in the middle of town.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...