Friday 2 November 2018

Home Grown Spring Onions & Home Cooked Dishes

Sometimes I forget what I have bought and what I have placed in the refrigerator. One day I found 2 packets of onions in the fridge.
 There were roots and shoots growing out of the onions.
I planted all the onions in my garden.
And some in this pot.
Time to harvest these spring onions.
This is the first batch I harvested.
Below were some of the ways I used the spring onions for my cooking.
#1 - Steamed balls with spring onions
(fish paste, minced meat, minced prawns & spring onions)
15 steamed balls and 1 green veggie for our dinner.
#2 - Steamed eggs with spring onions and sprinkling of garlic oil.
#3 - Steamed white eggplants or brinjals & spring onions.
Topped with sprinkling of oyster sauce & garlic oil.
#4 - Steamed sweet sour pork ribs & sprinkling of spring onions.
#5 - And for the remaining spring onions, I lightly blanched them and add some sprinkling of light soy sauce & garlic onion.
That morning, I also harvested some papayas.  Half ripe one I kept and waited for it to ripen. The green ones are good for boiling soup. I kept one for myself and gave the rest away.
*     *     *     *     *
Ending the day with a beautiful sunset.
The sun rays giving the clouds a silver lining.
Ending this post with a lovely sunset.


Praise him from sunrise to sunset! (Psalm 113:3)

In the farthest corners of the earth the glorious acts of God
shall startle everyone. The dawn and sunset shout for joy!
(Psalm 65:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

47 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved the sunset and rising rays! Cool rising up of spring onions as well and good you used it on various dishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing as tasty as home grown onions and food in general :)
    And the food looks so good my dear :)

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every dish looks so yum
    and all other pics look amazing.
    Have a great day.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sunset!! I would never have thought to plant the onions! I just throw them away when they sprout. Now I will know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! Yes, no need to throw, can plant them for spring onions.

      Delete
  5. Hello Nancy!
    I planted some onions so i can have Spring onions in a few months!
    All your plates looks delicious! And i love your pictures with the gorgeous sunset!
    Thank you for sharing! Enjoy your weekend!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too need to plant some onions to get some fresh spring onions for my cooking. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  6. Spring onions are the best of onions. I want to try all your dishes too. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! They are very simple recipes!

      Delete
  7. Wow.. that is a good harvest.. if i am around, i sure would like to have some.. or better still, eat in your place.. hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I need to do this next spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be a lot of spring onions since you used them in so many dishes. Those onions didn't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2 packets onions yielded a lot of spring onions.

      Delete
  10. Wow! I love all the dishes with the spring onions, they look so good!

    I like the first photo of the sunset, look at the sky, it looks majestic with the rays of light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! That is my favourite photo too!

      Delete
  11. Glorious inspiring verse and I love what you do with onions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sky shots!! I like all the uses you found for your spring onions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me also, those onions I buy, will have roots and shoots growing out of it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe next time i forget an onion and it sprouts, i will plant it and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you will get spring onions and you can use it for cooking.

      Delete
  15. Wow, you must be a gifted gardener

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Nancy, your photos made my mouth water! The tops of spring onions taste so gorgeous. When I grew onions, I always used them in cooking. Now I have chives in the freeze. I find them excellent in omelettes. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos. The food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! love your spring onions..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me encantan las cebolletas. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...