Wednesday 5 December 2018

Beef Soup With White Radish (Ngau Lam Tong)

Hubby and I love beef soup (ngau lam soup). There are 2 or 3 places where we go for some nice beef soup in Ipoh. Recently, a friend taught me how to make beef soup. After getting all the necessary ingredients, I made beef soup for dinner for 2 people. The soup was enough for 2 days' dinner.
Beef soup and stuffed white bitter gourd for our dinner.
Went to Ipoh wet market. Bought these from the uncle at the beef stall.
These were then blanched in hot boiling water.
When these were cooked and soft enough, I dished them out from the soup and cut them into bite pieces.
Hubby's bowl of beef soup garnished with spring onion. He didn't like the strong smell of cilantro. My bowl was garnished with cilantro.
Ingredients for cooking beef soup: beef, beef tripe, white radish, star anise, cinnamon stick, ginger, goji berries, red dates, peppercorns, and etc.
The second round I make beef soup was without goji berries and red dates, so the colour of the soup was pale especially with any garnishing.
Japanese roses from my garden.
Saw this in a lawyer's office.
We accompanied a friend who had to sign some papers at the lawyer's office.


For the Lord's sake, obey every law of your government;
those of the king as head of the state, and those of the king's officers,
for he has sent them to punish all who do wrong,
and to honor those who do right.
(1 Peter 2:13-14, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. the beef soup looks so warming and good. I have never heard of Japanese roses! But we do have Japanese beetles, and they love the roses. Are these roses the same kind we have here? I will google them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! These roses are not the same as the roses with thorns. These Japanese roses love the sun. Have a good day.

      Delete
  2. Hello Nancy!
    Your soup looks so yummy! I love beef soup and i have a different recipe with vegetables and pasta!We like to have soups in cold Winter days! Lovely pictures of thr Japanese roses! So preety colors!I have a Japanese rose plant in my garden. Thank you for sharing! Enjoy your day!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIMI! We all love soups because it is comforting. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  3. Warm soup is wonderful on a cold night. That's very good decor for a lawyer's office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beef soup looked delicious, the colourful berries make it look tasty. Love the beautiful colours of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soup with so much celery looks tasty! I want those suffed white bittergourd too.

    Those are very nice and appropriate decorations for a lawyer's office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm coming to your house for dinner. Yummy.

    The flowers are beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! If only we are staying near to each other. Lol!

      Delete
  7. The roses are a pretty sight, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your soup looks delicious. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting, very interesting Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Estupenda sopa y las flores me encantan. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So tasty! My favourite! Now you don't have to eat out for this dish anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! If I am lazy then easier to eat out. Lol!

      Delete
  12. Err not that easy to make. Long list of ingredients and for me, don’t have a beef seller to procure the meat from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God we still have beef sellers but I will have to make a trip to the main market to get the beef.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...