Monday 17 December 2018

Teochew Porridge At Restoran Sin Hup Heng Chaozhou, Ipoh.

A friend had spoken of this restoran that serves Teochew porridge. One morning as we came out from the coffee shop where we had our breakfast of wonton noodles, I saw this restaurant and remembered what my friend had told me about the porridge. That afternoon we came back to the same area for the Teochew porridge. As usual we had to be early to avoid the lunch hour crowd.
Our lunch when we were here for the 1st time.
We had plain porridge, stewed cabbage, deep fried fish and salted pork belly.
Stewed cabbage
Deep fried "cooked fish"
Deep fried salted pork belly.
Plain rice porridge
I was seated next to the side door and I noticed this kumquat plant with fruits. I have a kumquat plant which is healthier than this one but no bearing any fruit at all.
*     *     *     *     *
We had the following dishes for lunch on our 2nd visit.
This round we ordered 2 deep fried "cooked fish".
Stewed cabbage
Braised duck
Restoran Sin Hup Heng Chaozhou, 91, Jalan Theatre, Taman Jubilee.
Opens Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 3 pm.
We are having grey sky and cool weather these days.
It has been raining almost everyday.

I remember the glorious miracles you did in days of long ago.
I reach out for you. I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.
(Psalm 143:5-6, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. ...I'll have the braised duck please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find such good places to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are far too many place to try. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could reach in an grab those fried fish! So crisp and delicious. Thanks for sharing, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fried fish goes very well with plain porridge. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  4. Not food I would eat but interesting none the less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other's food always seems strange to us. Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I used to hate porridge but now, I don't mind it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sky and mountain picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am interested in those deep fried fish! I wonder what type of fish they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food must be good to warrant a second visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, won't mind going back again because I love Teochew porridge.

      Delete
  9. Ahhh i like the braised duck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Nancy!
    Lovely pictures and very delicious food The braised duck is perfect for me!
    We have kumquat trees here too! Beautiful sky photo! Have a lovely new week!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIMI! My kumquat tree is grown from seed and it is taking a long time to even flower.

      Delete
  11. When ever my friends Meilin & Al take us to a real Chinese restaurant, they always order the Braised duck. We love it and she also order orders noodles with beef for me (and everyone ) but I love it. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Braised duck and beef noodles sound great! Have a happy day!

      Delete
  12. Yummy meals. I always come here before breakfast and I'm always hungry. Your foodie posts make me even more hungry.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! I hope it helps to work up an appetite for you. Have a happy Tuesday!

      Delete
  13. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fish!! Yummy post!

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apetitosa comida Nancy. Bonitas fotos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. as always, delicious foods and beautiful series of photos.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kumquat plant is too busy being healthy to bear fruits hehe.

    Mmm teochew porridge with the various dishes is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! In that case I better try starving my kumquat plant to threaten it to fruit. Lol!

      Delete
    2. Oh my, poor plant! Try to nego first hehe.

      Delete
    3. Yes, yes, must sweet talk or threaten the plant! Ha ha! Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...