Friday 28 December 2018

Home Cooking Home Grown Vegetables

Since I started to plant edibles in my garden, I have to be diligent to cook my garden produce. There is no point in planting vegetables if I do not want to cook them. When my bitter gourd plants started producing, we were enjoying home cooked bitter gourd dishes quite often.

Below are some very simple home cooked dishes that I have cooked for our dinner for 2 people. The bitter gourds and chilies I used were home grown. The fishes were from my son's fishing trip.
Dinner for Day 1
 Left: Yam or taro cooked with dried prawns and garlic.
Right: Bitter gourd with preserved salted black beans, dried prawns, chili, garlic.
Dinner for Day 2
Left: Sichuan preserved mustard green, carrot, tomatoes and pork ribu soup.
Right: White bitter gourd slices and egg omelette.
Dinner for Day 3
Left: White bitter gourd with prawns, enoki mushroom, spicy sambal paste.
Right: Fried fish with ginger strips,
Dinner for Day 4
 Left: Bitter soup and chicken breast meat soup
Right: Fried fish
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures are for joining Skywatch Friday & Friday Bliss.
 #1
Water fountain in front of the Tun Razak Public Library, Ipoh.
 #2
The origin of this library started in 1931 as Ipoh Juvenile Library.
 #3
If it is not raining, we get to enjoy this lovely sky.
 #4
 #5
 #6
Advertisement boards at a T-junction.
#7
It is nice to drive when the roads are quiet and with light traffic.


But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all
pure and full of quiet gentleness.
Then it is peace-loving and courteous.
It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others;
it is full of mercy and good deeds.
It is wholehearted and straightforward and sincere.
(James 3:17, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Home grown vegetables taste so much better than bought, well done on growing your own. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to be able to enjoy your own home grown vegetables. I really like your home cooked meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss taro! Your home cooked meals look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...fresh from the garden is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummm pratos apetitosos e aproveito para desejar a continuação de umas Boas Festas. 🎄

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an impressive fountain in front of the library. Wishing you Happy & Helthy 2019 Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved to try each of these dishes. Home cooked meals are ever so nice aren't they.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Wishing you fabulous and happy weekend!

      Delete
  8. Looking yummy . Wow . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a huge library! I like the blue color too. Wow, you have all your meals planned out beautifully! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! These are all simple meals.

      Delete
  10. Pretty sky shots. For some reason, #5 draws me in and is my favorite. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've started growing our own plants too. So much fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KB! I am now more into growing edibles

      Delete
  12. Home grown things usually taste better

    ReplyDelete
  13. Home cook food is always the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly do have interesting ways of preparing your vegetables. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My comment disappeared, i love all the dishes, hard to decide which one is my favourite lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what happened because your comment didn't go into the Spam.

      Delete
  16. La comida se ve muy sabrosa. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to eat bitter gourd. Your dishes look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a good thing, to grow your own vegetables, you know they are safe and good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Must taste so good, with fresh ingredients. Looks like fishing is a hobby for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy! Fishing is a hobby for one of my son. Rearing guppies and Siamese fighting fishes is one of hubby's and my hobby. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...