Tuesday 11 December 2018

Sukma Games Exhibits At Darul Ridzuan Museum, Ipoh.

It was a Saturday morning and we just had our breakfast together with friends. Since we had time to spare, we stopped at the museum to take a look at the Sukma Games exhibits. The 19th Sukma Games was held in Perak this year from the 11th to 22nd September. This is the 2nd time Perak hosted the event. The first time was in 1994. That year, my colleagues and I signed up for duty for some of the event.
Mascot for Sukma Games 2018
Darul Ridzuan Museum, Ipoh.
Entrance to the museum.
Welcome to the State of Perak.
Sukma is a multi sport event.
Many of the hotels in Ipoh were full during the games.
Sportsmen and sportswomen in action.
States participating in the games.
Archery
Mascots in action
I like to drop by to see new exhibit whenever convenient.
These mascots can be found in the museum ground.
In front of the museum there are 2 ponds filled with fresh water fishes.
They were in the midst of changing the pond water.
Just look at the size of these fresh water fishes.
I think these are the cat fish.
At the side of the museum compound, there is a big Snake and Ladder board game drawn on the ground.
On one side of the compound, there is this air raid shelter which was erected in 1941. It had never caught my eye on my previous visits.


We live within the shadow of the Almighty,
sheltered by the God who is above all gods.
This I declare, that He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I am trusting Him.
(Psalm 91:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos, the museum reminds me of our national museum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting to visit again when they put up the new exhibit.

      Delete
  2. Hello Nancy!
    Beautiful pictures from the exhibition!
    Like the mascots and the cat fish!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Enjoy your day!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of these games. Sort of like Ipohs very own Olympics. I like the cows, which I assume are the game mascots. The fish look like catfish! What a good catch finding the air raid shelter! I am glad it has not needed to be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! The cute cow is the game mascot.

      Delete
  4. ...let the games begin! Such colorful signs. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a colorful place. A happy place.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Sometimes museum can be less boring.

      Delete
  6. The air raid shelter isn't that different from what one might have found here at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am not mistaken, this one was built by white men.

      Delete
  7. Wow! They have a museum for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exhibits will be changed from time to time.

      Delete
  8. Looks like lots of fun going on there as well as some serious competition. They certainly look like cat fish to me. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow lots of different games. Interesting finding the air raid shelter---
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, happy museum, very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! This is one of the fun exhibits I have seen here.

      Delete
  11. Interesting photos of a very colorful place!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/12/cranberry-orange-rolls.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I managed to catch some of the sports on tv, but didn’t even notice they were held in Perak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the games, most of the hotels in Ipoh were packed.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...