Monday 10 December 2018

Lunch At Aud's by JJ Cafe, Ipoh.

Last week my friends and I had a lunch date again. We planned to have our lunch in Ipoh old town but when we reached the place, it was closed for renovation. We went to the 2nd place, and it was close too. On the way to the car park, we passed by Aud's by JJ Cafe. Since this place is new to us, we decided to have our lunch here.
A friend ordered Chamomile tea @ RM 10.
The tea came in this small porcelain pot.
I ordered this Ice Cube Coffee to try @ RM 13.
It came with instructions on how to enjoy the coffee.
As the ice cube coffee melts, the stronger and richer the coffee.
2 other friends ordered orange+apple juice @ RM 10 each.
We ordered the following for 4 people to share.
Spaghetti Pork Buddies @ RM 20.
Big Breakfast Scrambled Egg, etc. @ RM 25.
Pesto Pork Burger @ RM 13.
Dark coloured bread.
We also ordered a piece of carrot walnut cake and a piece of chocolate cake for RM 25.
This auntie totally forgot about taking the cake photos.
We were there before the lunch crowd.
 The cafe is located in one of these old shops.
 Many of the old shop fronts remained as in the old days.
 Aud's by JJ Cafe is on the left of U.S. Peter, along Jalan Sultan Yussof, Ipoh.
 This block is on the right side, on the same row.
The creepers on the shop fronts is in fashion.
This side wall is also covered with Blue Pea Creepers.
Fountain at the Ipoh Padang (Ipoh Field).
You can see lots of pigeons here (hidden by the black car)

How precious is your constant love, O God!
All humanity takes refuge in the shadow of your wings.
You feed them with blessings from your own table
and let them drink from your rivers of delight.
For you are the Fountain of life; our light is from your light.
(Psalm 36:7-9, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. So delicious! That burger seems particularly tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Between the two types of cake, I prefer the carrot walnut cake.

      Delete
  3. The food looks delicious, and quite American! I love the beautiful creeper growing on the building!! I would love to try this coffee! Maybe I could make it; what is the liquid in the glass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I like the creepers growing on the side wall. But the creepers will block the shop front from passers by.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a mix of western and chinese looking at the tea pot and the food

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that those creepers are not doing the building much good especially the one that goes into the roof!!! Ice cube coffee is a new one on me. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the creepers damaging the roof. I am now making extra strong black coffee to freeze as ice cubes to use as and when I want some chilled coffee!

      Delete
  6. The teapot and teacup is so dainty! The food look pretty good especially the Big Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! I also like the dainty tea set.

      Delete
  7. ...the Big Breakfast Scrambled Egg looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, i am not sure i would have the patience to wait until my coffee melts, i always want to drink it now!

    The dark bread reminds me of pumpernickel bread, i wonder how this one tastes.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I prefer hot coffee but I was curious about the ice cubes coffee. Pumpernickel bread is new to me. Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. Hello, looks like a nice cafe. The food and drinks look delicious. I could eat breakfast any time of the day. Enjoy your day and have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! Like you, I can also eat breakfast any time of the day!

      Delete
  10. Yummy . I too want to taste that . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The green wall or creepers looks interesting covering the building and I liked that cute porcelain pot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,

    Oh, perfect !

    Sarah, https://sarahmodeee.fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks delicious! The creeping plant covering the building is good for the eyes since it is green in colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creepers are good as sunshade but block the shop front from passersby.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful looking food, I was familiar with the breakfast today. The bread looked unusual in colour, but looked tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Nancy!
    The cafe looks like a nice place to have coffee of tea! Lovely buildings and old shops!
    I like chamomile tea and the Big Breakfast Scramble Eggs looks perfect for me!
    Enjoy your new week!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIMI! Have an enjoyable week too!

      Delete
  16. It all looks delicious! Every single dish! And the vine covered buildings look so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the teapot that catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want some of that ice cube coffee. That sounds most interesting. Your food looks ever so good.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! I am now adopting the ice cubes idea to freeze my coffee.

      Delete
  19. Ice Cube Coffee sounds very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the creepers, it really beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this place looks very nice, the food looks yummy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. El café se ve delicioso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The drinks sound very refreshing and the food delicious. The coloured bread is curious. I like the old buildings with the creepers growing there. I should think that it gives some shade too. Thank you for the scripture verses you include on your blog posts. This one here is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creepers give shade but also cover the shops front from passersby. We almost missed the cafe.

      Delete
  24. Gotta be patient to enjoy that coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning to enjoy the coffee sip by sip! Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...