Monday 24 October 2022

Curry Noodles, Hor Hee Noodle & Fried Rice

When I was still working, Kedai Kopi Ah Chow at 31, Jalan Bandar Timah used to be one of our regular place for breakfast. But after I have retired, I seldom go to the old town area for breakfast. Lately, hubby and I have been going back to this coffee shop for the curry noodles. Surprisingly, the quality and taste of the curry noodle is still the same after all these years.

As usual, hubby ordered dry curry noodle (yellow noodle + rice vermicelli).
For me, it is curry noodle (koay teow) - soup version.
~~~~~
I was not in the mood to cook dinner, so we went to the hawker centre in our area.
Hubby ordered a bowl of iced cendol. He forgot to mention "less sweet" and ended up with an extremely sweet iced cendol. We shared this cendol because I didn't any drink. It was too sweet for us so we didn't finish the bowl of cendol.
I ordered hor hee noodle. I requested for glass noodle but was given koay teow (flat rice noodle). I suppose the lady couldn't remember because she was manning the stall alone that evening.
Hubby ordered fried sambal rice. I took 2 mouthful and it was tasty.
Sun setting behind the Kledang Hill.
This mural was painted on a school wall in Tanjung Tualang.
Both look so real.

Linking to Monday Mural

This is what I have asked of God for you;
that you will be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love,
and that you will have the rich experience of knowing Christ
with real certainty and clear understanding.
For God's secret plan, now at last made know is Christ himself.
(Colossians 2:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Thank you Nancy. Of the 3: Curry Noodles, Hor Hee Noodle & Fried Rice, I would eat the curry noodles and hor hee noodles but only a little bit of fried rice. You must have missed the curry noodles, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. It was good to be able to enjoy the curry noodle again.

      Delete
  2. It's good that the quality of noodles is maintained. The curry noodles look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is one of the best we have tasted.

      Delete
  3. Your food always looks so delicious! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pick would be the hor hee noodles. I always like the cili padi dip that they gave with the fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eat the fried rice with the cili padi.

      Delete
  5. The curry noodles look yum!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...a fun mural that I would never see here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buenas comidas y el mural me gusta. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had curry noodles, but the rice sure looks good. That is an absolutely stunning mural and yes, very realistic, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it was too sweet and you couldn't finish it. Gigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby forgot to mention "less sweet" when he ordered it.

      Delete
  10. Fried sambal rice sounds really delicious. I am sure I could make that at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks good and I took bites of each dish.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gorilla in the mural looks very sad.

    The food looks good, i'm sorry the cendol was too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lindo mural . Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like sambal fried rice. Tasted few times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your husbands rice looks nice. The mural is different, I do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your posts because for me it's like a culinary journey through other corners of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The curry noodles look yummy!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...