Saturday 22 October 2022

Dinner At Restoran Mun Ji On a Rainy Evening

We set out for morning walk at about 7:05am.

Lovely sunrise 7:10am
7:20am.
The sun partially blocked by dark cloud - 8am.
8:10am.
Japanese cucumber from my garden.
~~~~~
Dinner at Restoran Mun Ji, Menglembu. Halfway through dinner, there was a heavy downpour. We ordered the following dishes.
Fish curry with assorted vegetables and tofu puffs (small size) - RM35. We never fail to order this dish. This is the only place I will always take-away or "tapau" the remaining curry back home.
This is also another dish that we must order - Green amaranth with 3 types of eggs (salted egg, century egg & normal chicken egg) - RM15
For a change, we ordered salted fish pork belly in clear pot - RM16. This is a very appetizing dish and hubby had 2nd helping of rice. Total cost of dinner for 4 people - RM74.20
It was still drizzling when we got into the car. Currently, this place only opens for dinner. We usually go early to avoid the peak dinner crowd.
~~~~~
The next day home cooked dinner.
With the remaining curry that I took away, I added in some chicken breast slices, carrot, and home grown tomatoes.
Blanched broccoli.
For hubby, I cooked instant noodle without adding the flavouring.
To clear the last 3 remaining pieces of bread from the fridge, I toasted the bread. Simple and enjoyable dinner on a cool, rainy evening.
~~~~~
A friend who visited the Taiping zoo, sent me some photos.
Crocodiles.
I will avoid going near this place if I were in the zoo.


Iniquity is atoned for by mercy and truth;
evil is avoided by reverence for God.
When a man is trying to please God,
God makes even his worst enemies to be at peace with him.
(Proverbs 16:6-7, The Living Bible-TLB)

36 comments:

  1. Thank you Nancy. The dinner dishes At Restoran Mun Ji are delicious, especially the yin choy 3 eggs dish. On a Rainy Evening, the hot curry dish would be so tasty. You didn't have any prawns at home? Cos the remaining curry gravy would taste great with prawns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have nothing else except some chicken breast meat. Prawns and pineapple will be delicious.

      Delete
  2. Crocodiles! I am scared of them and won't go near them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want to order the vegetable dish with the egg sauce. The sauce looks so good!!! Salted fish pork belly looks drool-worthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nancy,
    Pretty sky series! The food all looks delicious. The Crocodiles are a neat zoo critter. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Happy new week.

      Delete
  5. Hello Nancy :=) Lovely skies! The curry dish looks delicious, and the restaurant looks very nice from outside. The meal you made from the left-over curry also looks good. Crocodiles give me the chills, good photo though.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  6. ...I will stay clear of Crocodiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice meal! I love that fish curry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would certainly take that leftover curry home. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crocodiles are very creepy! But your food looks especially yummy! Save me some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 🐰 𝓗𝓲, 𝓝𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂!
    𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buena comida. Que miedo los cocodrilos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just bought two cucumbers from the grocery stall yesterday.. to do rojak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought a new tub of rojak sauce yesterday.

      Delete
  13. I felt like I was reading a picture diary. :) Thanks for your sharing, have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks so good, as does the place where you take your morning walk.

    It's wise to keep a healthy distance from large reptiles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindos cocodrilos, te mando un beso https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been taking curry chicken for 2 days. Tapau from chap fan stall. Now I am craving for fish curry. Lol.

    I also try not to go too near to the cage when visiting zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eating curries and curry noodles for many days in a row.

      Delete
  17. Crocks not good to be in the water or near them.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...