Friday 21 October 2022

Rainbow, Sunset & Final Resting Place

One evening our neighbour saw a rainbow. She was driving and she was only a few houses away from home. She stopped by the roadside to take the following snapshots and she forwarded them to me.

#1
#2
I didn't get to see the rainbow because I was busy cooking in my kitchen. By the time I came out from the kitchen, I could only get to see the following sunset.
#3
#4
#5
For every new day, there is sunrise and there is sunset to end the day. Just like our life here on earth, after all the toiling there will be a final resting place for us all.
Hubby and I went along with our friends to attend the opening ceremony of the Christian columbarium at the Christian cemetery in Tambun, Ipoh on the 1st October, 2022.
There is a need for a columbarium for those who chose to be cremated. After obtaining approval, an open air columbarium has been put up and almost completed except for some final surface finishes.
The open air columbarium is in the centre with burial plots on both sides.
There are 2 rows running parallel but I cannot remember exactly the number of blocks in each row or the number of niches available to hold the urns for the ashes after cremation.
I think there are about 126 niches in each block.
Due to the limited number of burial plots, people are now more open to this as their final resting place.
For those whose loved one have been buried in a burial plot like the above, application for niches can be made on the existing grave. I was told but this auntie cannot remember now.
After such a gloomy post on final resting place, I want to share my bright yellow hibiscus with red centre to cheer things up.
I have been trying to propagate with some cuttings but I don't know why this time there is no success. I have done it successfully before.

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

Let us see your miracles again;
let our children see glorious things, the kind you used to do,
and let the Lord our God favor us and give us success.
May he give permanence to all we do.
(Psalm 90:16-17, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful rainbows and flowers, and the new columbarium looks good. We will all die one day, so sometimes it's good to remember those who have died and gone before us! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  2. Cremation and columbariums are the in-thing these days owing to the lack of land for cemeteries. Tambun? DSAI is going to stand there, he said! Dunno why he is moving here and there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice flowers, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a day with a rainbow is special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your friend found a pot of gold :-)
    When we got married and were on the way to our friend´s car we saw one, too - they said it brings luck.

    I like those graves. And the options to add loved ones.
    Here you mostly have to plant flowers on the place, my poor Brother has to spend so much time and money caring for it, as he lives nearby.
    Ingo and I will get cremated and blown away somewhere, no one has to care.
    I have pictures of my parents here, when they were healthy and laughing, much better.
    A real hibiscus! I only have a fake one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we die, all we leave behind is memory, both good and not so good.

      Delete
  6. Very nice post, I loved the rainbow in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many churches here have columbariums on their grounds. It's kind of a fun raising thing.
    I love your skies and your flowers.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesante. Precioso el hibiscus, tengo uno igual. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, maybe you didn't plant it at the right time. They are very easy to propagate by cuttings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so too. I will try with new cuttings.

      Delete
  10. Thank you Nancy for the lovely photos of your flower. I would like my ashes to be scattered in the wind. How about you? Cremate or burial?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love rainbows and sunsets.

    Hubby and I purchased our niche many moons ago. Ours is inside though.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To cut cost and make it affordable to everyone, this is an open-air.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous hibiscus! We have a small Columbarium at our church, but it inside. My Mom is in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An inside columbarium will be much better but it will cost more.

      Delete
  13. Tumpang tumpang... yeah, saves space and money.. but I heard only Christian cemetery can tumpang the space.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cemetery looks a lot difference than our local ones.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice cemetery. My father gave me 2 cemetery plots. Gigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look like bookshelves I have at home except these are for cremated ash of the dead?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your neighbor was indeed fortunate. Beautiful sky photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bello arco iris, lindas flores. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful coloured hibiscus Nancy. I also love your rainbow and the columbarium's do look wonderful and many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Temporary enough to cater to the needs of the local Christian community.

      Delete
  20. Great shots! The rainbow is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing rainbow! Sad topic (colombarium)!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are such lovely skies!

    Your post is not gloomy, chosing a plot of niche is an act of love for your family so they don't have to decide when they are in shock and grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Very true. Many are now more open to prepare for death. Death is no longer a taboo word.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...