Tuesday 18 October 2022

Exploring A Mini Cave Or Tunnel In Gunung Lang, Ipoh

When the Gunung Lang Recreational Park was newly opened, I did get to visit but I didn't get to cross over to the other side of the lake. That first visit was in the year 2015 and if you are interested you can click here to see the photos.

I finally got the chance to cross over to the other side of the lake in May this year (2022) with hubby and his friends who came to visit from Kuala Lumpur. You can click here to visit the post and see some of beautiful lake view. The boat ride is very cheap especially for senior citizens.

In this post, I will share some photos of a small cave or short tunnel that we found on the other side of the lake. As we were walking around exploring the place, we came across this cave.

We saw some workers going through this opening below this little hill. Out of curiosity, we went nearer to explore.
Initially, I was quite reluctant to enter the cave but was later convinced to follow the others.
We were not the only curious ones. Others also were interested to investigate where this short tunnel leads to.
We too followed not knowing what to expect on the other side.
This is the roof of the cave or tunnel with lime deposits.
This is over our heads.
This is the entrance from the other side of the cave which faces a spacious unused land. Further on, there are some residential houses.
 Our curiosity satisfied as there was nothing of interest to see on the other side. Disappointed, we walked back into the cave from where we came from.
I saw the above at the lobby of a hotel in Penang.
A miniature antique car on display at the same place.


There are many ways in which God works in our lives,
but it is the same God who does the work
in and through all of us who are his.
The Holy Spirit displays God's power through each of us
as a means of helping the entire church.
(1 Corinthians 12:6-7, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. Thank you Nancy. Must be exciting to Explore A Mini Cave Or Tunnel In Gunung Lang, Ipoh. Doesn't matter that it didn't lead to a scenic sight, it is the journey that counts. Don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. It was a nice outing with hubby's friends.

      Delete
  2. Preciosas imágenes, me encantan son preciosas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a phobia when it comes to caves. I most likely won't walk in. So penakut myself. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I had phobia too but lately, not so phobia already. I held back but when I saw everyone, old and young going through, it gave me the courage to do so. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pics (in the first link the playground looks a bit scary, though! :-)...)
    Exciting with the tunnel, too, oh, you do live in a great place! Thank you for sharing all this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tunnel, so many layers of stone, but a bit scary, too! Have a wonderful day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure is a beautiful place but I think I am like PH. I have this phobia when it comes to enclosed places...like everything will collapse on me. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have been exciting trip. The tunnel is beautiful.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting place to be. The rocks look to have an interesting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a ınteresting places, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be interesting to spend more time there and learn a little of the geology involved. As for there not being anything interesting on the other side, what did you find there exactly. Surely there would have been plants, birds, insects - all very interesting it seems to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing much, just empty land with long weeds growing. Inside is more interesting.

      Delete
  11. I love caves. I would have explored this.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Nancy, :=)

    The cave is interesting, and I went to see your previous post to see the lake. You are right you shared some wonderful images of the water. The high cliffs are evident in this post also. Interesting post about the limestone tunnel. The antique car and sign are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The nearest caves to here are around a forty five minute drive away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have many limestone caves here to explore.

      Delete
  14. At least you had the fun of walking through a short cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it was a short one. If it is too long, I will not want to enter.

      Delete
  15. Bella cueva. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing cave, love to walk through it - thanks for the links, I recall the place after viewing your two other links...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Nancy, for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/10/some-more-fun-with-botanical-drawing.html

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...