Thursday 13 October 2022

Lunch With Friends At Up To You F&B, Ipoh

This was a Tuesday. Looking forward to have lunch with my girlfriends. But before that, morning walk must come first.

Morning sky at 6:50am.
~~~~~
Initially, there were 4 of us but on the eve of our lunch outing, a friend called to inform that she was down with the flu and better for her to rest at home. So, here we were at Up To You F&B, Jalan Seenivasagam, Ipoh.
We ordered unsweetened iced coffee (RM3.90), unsweetened iced black coffee (RM3.30), and hot milo (RM4.60).
Friend A ordered nasi lemak with chicken curry (RM10.90). The chicken curry was served separately in a bowl.
Friend A enjoyed the nasi lemak but she couldn't finish all the rice.
The chicken curry with the layer of red oil looks oily and spicy but it was not. Friend A needed our help to finish the chicken curry and potato.
Friend B and I ordered the above curry noodle with bbq pork and roast pork (RM11.90). We enjoyed the curry noodle.
We wanted to taste the above chee cheong fun (RM5.90), so we ordered 1 for sharing. It was served with curry in a bowl but we didn't use the curry.
 With the dried shrimp sambal, the chee cheong fun was delicious without having to add the curry.
After we have finished our food, we ordered sweet desserts but I forgot to snap photos of the desserts. The desserts we ordered were 1 bowl red bean with black glutinous rice (RM4.90), and 2 bowls barley with gingko nuts (RM4.90 x 2). Total cost of lunch for 3 = (RM72). It was an enjoyable lunch with good company. Looking forward to our next lunch.
Spicy chili plants growing in my garden. These 2 chili plants were gifted by birds visiting my garden. I found 2 chili plant seedling growing in my garden and I dug them out and planted them into pots. They are now fruiting abundantly.
A good friend gifted me the above to help with my burping or wind problem. Thank you, dear friend for your thoughtfulness.

For it is by grace you have been saved,
through faith - and this is not from yourselves,
it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
For we are God's handiwork,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
(Ephesians 2:8-10, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of yummy fun again and oh, that birds-gift!
    The other day I made a banana smoothie and put in one small chili from the market. I nearly cried, that´s how hot it was!
    I´ll google the latter as Ingo has problems with this, too, thank you!

    And yes to your morning walks. It´s not only cold but pitch dark here now and you never see the dog poo in time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. I have problem too with dog poo on the road when we walk. Have to be mindful that we don't accidentally step on any of it.

      Delete
  2. What a nice lunch with friends! The chili plants are quite decorative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More for decoration because the chili very pedas. Can feel the burning sensation. I will only dip in the soy sauce.

      Delete
  3. You had some wonderful food again, I am still hungry and need to have some breakfast soon. Hope the tabets help with your wind problem! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  4. Nasi Lemak looks so freshly cooked and presented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roentare. We enjoyed the nasi lemak.

      Delete
  5. Love the use of those enamel cups. Food looks very classy, not the usual we get to see at the stalls and coffee shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The enamel cups remind me of our younger days. Enamel cups and plates seem to be the trend for some cafes.

      Delete
  6. Your chilli plant looks GOOD! I love chee cheong fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lunch. RM10.90 for nasi Lemak and curry chicken, that is cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Food is no longer cheap these days.

      Delete
  8. ...wonderful gift for your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 🐰 𝓗𝓲, 𝓝𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂!
    Having been reading your blog posts for sometimes now, I am concluded that you are an 【Early Bird】, indeed ❣️ Ha.. ha.. good for you 👍👍👍 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻
    It appears that you are growing many different plants in your garden! Are you doing COMPANION PLANTING ❓ ❗️

    💎COMPANION PLANTING that REALLY WORKS: Growing in the Garden
    https://youtu.be/G7HIgDpXnGk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, we are early birds. Morning walks and early breakfast because we want to spend time gardening before the sun gets too hot. Don't know about companion planting. We just plant whatever we feel like planting in a small teeny weeny garden.

      Delete
  10. " my burping or wind problem " sounds like me Nancy. Have a great day my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably our problem is link to aging. Thank you, Paul and have a great day too.

      Delete
  11. Oh the food. I love the food. I want some of each dish.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. They look like mini capsicums.

      Delete
  13. I also could not have eaten all the rice. The chili plants look good, Mine in the garden are almost over with winter arriving, but I have two quite large habanero plants in my green house that are doing well.
    Take care, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks good there, Nancy, all ngam me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Nancy. Nice gathering with good food! Cafe Culture is the way to enjoy life! Birds are so helpful in propagating plants. Your friend is so kind. Did the biocatalyst powder solve your wind in tummy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I haven't started on it yet. Hope to do so soon.

      Delete
  16. Rica comida y genial regalo. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It always makes me smile to think about you meeting up with your friends for a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the only opportunity for us to meet up, to catch up with one another.

      Delete
  18. The chillies are decorative as well as edible.
    (Please bear with me if you get double comments from me.... I see my previous comments has disappeared so planning to put back some of them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Sorry about the disappearing comments. I am also having the same problem with my comments. Thank you for your patience.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...