Sunday 6 September 2015

GROWING FLUFFY RUFFLE FERN IN MY GARDEN.

This is another type of fern growing in my garden. This fern has been part of my garden for many years.
This is one of the Fluffy Ruffles fern.
Its scientific name is Nephrolepis Exaltata.

It has a ruffled appearance.

This fern is suitable as an indoor plant or growing in hanging pots/baskets.

I placed the plant under the porch, enjoying indirect sunlight.

This fern grows well in moist garden soil with good water drainage.

If the soil is dry, it will be pale green. Once the plant is watered, it will be restored to healthy green.

The leaves can grow up to 1.5 to almost 2 feet long.

The leaflets grow alternately along the leaf stems in straight rows.

Curled or ruffled leaflets.

Compacted leaflets.

The thin and long green projections will grow and multiply into new fern plants once it finds and set roots into the soil.

This fern is a slow growing and an evergreen plant.

"O Ephraim! Stay away from idols!
I am living and strong! I look after you and care for you.
I am like an evergreen tree,
yielding my fruit to you throughout the year.
My mercies never fail."
(Hosea 14:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. What a lovely fern, your garden must be a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ferns. I like how the leaves grow orderly in 2nd last pix and the stem looks hard. I think they need trimming every now & then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. I only trim away those old and dead leaves.

      Delete
  3. Namcy ferns are lovely I grow them on the windowssill in my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. I am trying to grow this in hanging pots.

      Delete
  4. Hello Nancy, your fern is gorgeous. Lovely images. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a happy day and new week!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful fern, such a stunning shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamasmercantile. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Francisco for your visit and your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Nancy,
    Love the ferns. Your gardens looks a green paradise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonia. I love these greens, they are easier to take care.

      Delete
  8. And it's a beautiful plant because of your green thumb.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy, I love your beautiful fern. They are what we call Boston Fern here in North America. They have the same botanical name.
    I have grown them in my house before and I just love them. Such a pretty plant.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, yes, they are from the same family. This is a very beautiful fern.

      Delete
  10. it is pretty and looks very healthy in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, Nancy! You have a great talent in gardening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Nancy, have a great week ahead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Wishing you the same too!

      Delete
  13. A really beautiful and interesting fern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, this fern is very pretty and decorative. I have the common ones that keep growing in my garden. The look nice when they are small bit not so when they get big. I have to constantly pull them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I know the ferns you are referring to. Yes, when they grow big, they do not look nice anymore...I too pull them out.

      Delete
  15. Oh, this is an interesting one. I find it beautiful. Hope one pops up in my garden magically some day. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I do hope one will finds it way into your garden.

      Delete
  16. Its a beautiful fern. Looks like it's growing well. Many babies coming up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. this is very easy to take care, only make sure it has daily watering and kept out of direct sunlight!

      Delete
  17. Soo curly this one. I'm thinking bugs would love this kind of curls... hopefully they don't like the taste of the plant heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, no worries, this fern is pest free!

      Delete
  18. I have this fern too. Everytime I look at it I feel like eating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, if only it could be eaten, I would have done so too...ha ha..!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...