Friday 18 September 2015

Dinner At "Y FOOD BOX", Ipoh Garden

A lady friend first recommended us this eatery about a month ago. Since its opening, our plans to go together to try out the food didn't go through. Finally on Tuesday, we were able to meet up with our lady friend at this eatery for dinner.

We went there early to avoid the dinner crowd. We had seen customers standing outside waiting for tables during the peak dinner time. When we walked in about 5.45 pm, our lady friend was already seated at a centre table waiting for us.

The menu.

Stir fried braised duck with preserved salted beans and chili.
Very flavourful and a bit spicy - MYR15.00

Fish head curry in clay pot - MYR 38.00
Oops! I didn't realized the pot was so messy!

Stir fried sweet potato leaves with garlic - MYR 7.00

My almost finished bowl of white porridge.
They serve both rice and porridge but we all opted for porridge.
Total cost of dinner for 3 people inclusive of 4 bowls of porridge and drinks = MYR 65.00

Y FOOD BOX,
Jalan Canning Estate, Ipoh Garden.
(location - next to Kedai Kopi Kam Hor)

Then He asked them, "When someone lights a lamp,
does he put a box over it to shut out the light?
Of course not! The light couldn't be seen or used.
A lamp is placed on a stand to shine and be useful.
(Mark 4:21, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. Curry fish with porridge! So adventurous

    ReplyDelete
  2. The braised duck looks delicious. We would eat porridge for breakfast made with milk and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mamas, will that be oat porridge? I like oat porridge too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If you like thick curry gravy, then you will like this fish head curry.

      Delete
  4. Is the duck dish very salty? Since it has preserved salted beans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not really very salty. Just right to go with white rice or plain porridge.

      Delete
  5. I would try duck with beans, something new for me)

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, it is a savoury, slightly spicy dish, very yummy.

      Delete
  6. I want some of each dish. Our family got together last Wednesday and we had some excellent Chinese food. There was plate after plate of delightful and delicious food. I thought of you.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee for thinking of me. Good to know that you enjoyed the Chinese meal with your family.

      Delete
  7. I no longer can eat any food with soy in it but I love Chinese food and used to make it from scratch very often and served rice on the side.
    I never knew that Sweet Potato leaves and vines were edible. I have planted some in my garden for the first time this year.

    Have a great weekend Nancy.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, sweet potato leaves are very nice to eat. Take only the young leaves and shoots and you will have to peel the skin off its stem.

      Delete
  8. An unusual building from the exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a really nice place to eat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, its a nice, little place and it is newly renovated.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great place, Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, its quite a comfortable place to have our meal.

      Delete
  11. I can't remember the last time I had duck. Looks good. I laughed because you went early to avoid the crowd. Sounds like me and my man!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! we always try our best to avoid the crowd. We think alike!

      Delete
  12. Braised duck with salted beans goes well with porridge. Porridge for me anytime. Love the sweet potatoes leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, looks like we are porridge fans. Anytime I prefer porridge more than rice.

      Delete
  13. This looks like another great food find, Nancy. I love the sweet potato leaves - plain, just the way I like all my vegs. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Most times it is plain fried, sometimes it is fried with sambal belacan.

      Delete
  14. Pratos com aspecto muito apetitoso.
    Gostei.
    Um abraço e bom fim de semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  15. A very nice place and the food looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Stir fried braised duck with preserved salted beans and chili, have not tried braised duck that way...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ipoh isn't cheap these days. :) Food looks good though!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...