Saturday 19 September 2015

Dim Sum Breakfast For Two At Restoran Hong Lok

This morning, we drove all the way to Gunung Rapat in search of big pau or tai pau in Cantonese. The sales lady from our regular mobile phone shop told us that the tai pau here is hot selling. So hubby and I went looking for tai pau. I know some of you will be thinking we are a crazy couple driving about 12 to 13 km in search of tai pau!
 Hubby ordered a tai pau and 2 yam puffs.
 When the tai pau arrived at our table, it was piping hot and there was juice that came out from the filling onto the plate. 
 The filling consists of mushroom, hard boiled egg, minced meat, meat slices, bangkwang or jicama slices, etc. Lots of filling, moist and very tasty.
 My favourite yam puffs. 
Filling consists of bbq pork cubes, green peas, etc.
Thin outer skin crispy and flaky, the inner layer soft and the filling delicious. 
 Ordered a plate of siew mai dumplings and century egg & salted egg roll. 
 I like the combination of fish and meat paste with century egg, salted egg and thin slices of pickled ginger. Mayonnaise as dipping sauce. 
  We ordered from this dim sum stall.
 View of restaurant from the main road. 
  Side view of restaurant Hong Lok at Laluan Gunung Rapat 3, Gunung Rapat.

After breakfast, we walked over to the nearby wet market.
I bought 2 kilos of dukung, (local fruit) @ RM5.00 per kilo from the roadside fruit stall. The amount here is less than 2 kilos, a bunch had gone into our stomach!
This is how a dukung looks like with the skin uncovered.
The flesh is slightly translucent, each segment has a seed.
Tasted very sweet with a tinge of sour taste.
This is what we called a very satisfying breakfast!

My son, never forget the things I've taught you.
If you want a long and satisfying life, closely follow my instructions.
Never tire of loyalty and kindness.
Hold these virtues tightly. Write them deep within your heart.
If you want favor with both God and man,
and a reputation for good judgment and common sense,
then trust the Lord completely; don't ever trust yourself.
In everything you do, put God first,
and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success.
(Proverbs 3:1-6, TLB)

47 comments:

  1. I would call this a satisfying breakfast too. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancy, your breakfast looks delicious. Much different than the bowl of cereal I had for my breakfast. Thanks for sharing, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Sometimes I would love a bowl of cereals but hubby don't know how to enjoy cereal for breakfast.

      Delete
  3. I think dukung is called Lanzones in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LiLi, thank you for sharing the name. I love dukung.

      Delete
  4. I would like to try that dukung!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous breakfast, Nancy. That fruit looks so interesting.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amalia. The fruit also tastes good!

      Delete
  6. I have never seen dukung in Poland it is not available in the shops here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, probably it is not possible to export this local fruit.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a beautiful Sunday!

      Delete
  8. Now that was quite the feast. We have cereals and toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mamas, I used to take cereals and I love toast with coffee!

      Delete
  9. the food looks good. i've never had yam puffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. I think you will love yam puffs, they are savoury.

      Delete
  10. For some reason when I looked at tai pau at first, it looked like Shepherd's Pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, lol! this can the steamed version of Shepherd's Pie? I would love to eat Shepherd's Pie.

      Delete
  11. Looks good and the Tai pau has got lots of fillings :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good and the Tai pau has got lots of fillings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! No wonder this tai pau item gets sold out very quickly!

      Delete
  13. Very big pau!!! I love dim sum.

    Dukung? Look like langsat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rose, it is dukung. Both in the same family. I prefer dukung more than langsat.

      Delete
  14. The yam puffs look great, Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll stick to my daily eggs and toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, sometimes I will eat eggs and toast but not daily.

      Delete
  16. Wow, lovely dim sum. I always like dim sum. Yam puff looks too good to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. I too love dim sum but cannot eat often because not cheap.

      Delete
  17. Nancy, that tai pau must be very filling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, if the tai pau is for 1 person, it will be very filling.

      Delete
  18. Que maravilha e delicias.
    Um abraço e bom Domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Occasionally, i will have a big pau for dinner, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  20. That bun looks so delicious! It's great for any meal, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. The tai pau is right for any meal, that's right!

      Delete
  21. It all look very tasty. I just had a bowl of porridge with raisins for breakfast. Your breakfast sounds more interesting.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. Long time I have not taken porridge with raisins. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  22. Wah, the dai bao looks really delicious! I love to eat dukung! because it is sourish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, it is delicious. I think I ate too much dukung!

      Delete
  23. Take is there, Nancy!! The giant pau looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sure is a monster pau. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, it is a delicious monster pau! Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...