Wednesday 16 September 2015

Ipoh Mali. We Are Ipohites! We Are Malaysians!

I had been trying to do some clearing on my computer desktop and I came across these photos which I have put aside and forgotten about them. So now is the time to put up a post for these beautiful art pieces by our local artists in Ipoh.

These murals can be found along the back lane between Jalan Sultan Iskandar (formerly Hugh Low Street) and Jalan Masjid.
"Ipoh my hometown"
Selamat Datang Ke Perak / Welcome to the State of Perak.
Malaysia is a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural country.
Those were the days when we used to play with some of these domestic animals.

Back then, we were free to play after school. There were no need for tuition.
We also enjoyed blowing soap bubbles because back then there were no computers, i-pads or smartphones.

Durian fruits, one of our favourite fruits which are no longer cheap.

One of our common games - protecting the young from the enemy.

Hide and Seek - how we loved this game.

Even the little and youngest one was not left out from the games.

From young, we learned to accept one another, playing together and enjoyed the fun in our daily living.
Rearing fighting fishes in glass bottles, a games for both girls and boys.

Flea market on Sunday morning.

Night market in Ipoh.

Working hard - hand made clay pots.

Rubber tapping.

Dulang washing for tin ore.

Cooking "lemang" (glutinous rice in bamboo)

Devotees carrying a kavadi, coconut breaking and etc.

Watching Wayang Kulit Show (shadow puppet show) at night.

Chinese opera show.

Traditional musical instruments.

Traditional music and bamboo horse dance.

Traditional music and dance.

Well know female tennis player and male badminton player.

if my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
(2 Chronicles 7:14, New International Version-NIV)

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful murals, Nancy!
    Thanks for sharing these amazing art pieces by your local artists in Ipoh!
    Thanks for the links too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonia. Hope you enjoyed the beautiful murals.

      Delete
  2. They certainly are very talented artists, beautiful murals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, mamasmercantile. I am glad you enjoyed the murals.

      Delete
  3. Nancy, there seems to be many lovely murals in Ipoh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, yes, we have many here in Ipoh. I think there are many more that I have not seen.

      Delete
  4. hahahaa... Nancy! You really make an effort to pain Ipoh colourful! Good job... !
    When you mentioned here, here, here, and here, it reminded me of one blogger from Sibu... you have been to his blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, I love these beautiful murals that our local artists painted. I wonder who is the Sibu blogger you have mentioned, Lol!

      Delete
  5. Wow, all those murals paintings are really beautiful. That's a lot. Thanks for your effort to post & share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to be and what a lovely way to grow up. Thank you for sharing.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wall murals are so beautiful, Nancy! And yes, I remember playing with some animals when I was a little girl. Those were the days! We didn't have much but we enjoyed what we had! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Life was simpler back then when we have what we needed and we kid do enjoyed ourselves very much. We did know how to interact with each other.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the photos. You really walked around to take all the photos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, I visited this place with my friends and these murals were all in one place so no need to walk too much.

      Delete
  9. Wow, wonderful collection of murals. They are all so pretty and colorful. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a lovely and colourful day!

      Delete
  10. Those are amazing. I notice every time I have dinner at any Mexican restaurant in the Nashville area, huge, beautiful murals always cover the walls. They're similar to these--so beautiful and they seem to always tell some story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie. I would love to see some of these Mexican murals too.

      Delete
  11. They should definitely start making postcards with those images, all of them are beautiful!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. These walls are beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. in my opinion fantastic murals i like them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully drawn. So nice. Indeed they reminded me of my childhood. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy! I miss this blog of yours. Anyway, good thing that these murals we'rent removed because they're all looking so stunning! :) here in our country, it's very rare to see beautiful murals as that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. All praise go to our talented local artists!

      Delete
  16. Wonderful murals...I have never seen so many!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the messages behind these murals, Nancy. It's a timely reminder about what life and living in harmony is about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Those were good old days, simple yet beautiful!

      Delete
  18. I loves all the murals, they are so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...