Friday 4 September 2015

"BACK HOME" WALL MURAL IN IPOH OLD TOWN.

One morning my friends and I happened to be in Ipoh old town for our breakfast and as usual we will do some sundry shopping as well. When we were walking to one of the sundry shop, we saw some wall murals which I think were newly painted.
This was found on the side wall of a corner shop lot along the road between the popular shops of Wing Woh Loong and Eu Yan Sang.
These art works were drawn by some of our local artists.
And the theme written on the wall was "Back Home".
  I like to collect photos of wall murals before the paint starts to fade. 
This looks like a fishing village.
The existing wall makes good background for the drawing.
I like this archway along the row of shop houses with the added murals on the pillars and wall.
Lotus plants with pink flowers.
 
Mister Cat?  
A cat with a tall hat..... 
The kids would love these cartoon characters.
These plain walls have been transformed into an attractive art piece.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is
- His good, pleasing and perfect will.
(Romans 12:2, NIV)

37 comments:

  1. So beautiful. It does light up the old shops. There are some new murals in Kuching too but have not gone to the old town to check on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Without these murals, we will just simple pass by without a look!

      Delete
  2. A great transformation, I am a fan of murals on walls they create such a nice atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love murals too and I try to take photos and document them in my blog.

      Delete
  3. I love wall murals too. It does help to brighten up the town. Do they have to get permit from the authority to have these mural paintings on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, I do not know whether a permit is needed or not. Hope there are no strict rules over this, in a way these murals helps to promote tourism and visitors to our towns.

      Delete
  4. I think the murals are lovely and are nice and bright too. We have some in our city but I would love to see even more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful. These murals helps to brighten the plain or ugly walls of the building.

      Delete
  5. Nancy, I love the wall murals. So colorful and it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I think the artists did a very good job.

      Delete
  6. I like the lotus plants with pink flowers best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, the lotus plants painting is simple, yet very pretty!

      Delete
  7. We have gang graffiti here. I would love to see this kind of art. Way cool.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. These are really nice paintings done by our local artists to beautify the place.

      Delete
  8. Super way to brighten up plain walls - love the boats. We have some wall art in our town and currently the owners of the building are being told either remove the wall art or get planning permission - seems such a shame when it brightens the place up!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the owners need not remove the wall art and I hope that permission will be granted to have the murals on the walls.

      Delete
  9. Very colourful and crisp mural work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much beauty and talent in those art wall drawings! Loving every single one!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya. The artists have done a beautiful work.

      Delete
  11. I like them paintings on the walls, if they are made with taste. Shown are very nice. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giga for your visit and comments. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  12. Nancy in my opinion the murals are very nice especially a fishing village

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. It was the fishing village that caught my attention.

      Delete
  13. Wow, such talent! Love the scripture too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely. I think murals are a great way to bring life to old buildings. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Murals also cover up the unkept and ugly walls.

      Delete
  15. I love the murals...and LOVE those cartoon characters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you. I am glad you enjoy the wall murals. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...