Monday 7 September 2015

GROWING WILD CLEMATIS IN MY GARDEN.

The first time I saw this plant was in my friend's garden in Batu Gajah. The tiny flowers were very pretty and cute. I came back blessed with a baby plant. It looked so delicate and I was so worried it might not grow well, but it did!
This is the Clematis Aristata (scientific name) and some of its common names are Australian Clematis, Wild Clematis, Old Man's Beard, Goat's Beard, etc.
(Left pic.) This was the baby plant I took back from my friend's house.
(Right pic.) I was so excited to see the new branch growing from the main stem.
The leaves do look yellowish and not healthy looking, but the plants have grown more branches.
I moved the pot to where there is indirect sunlight, just under the porch.
It only gets some early morning sunlight. The leaves are more healthy looking and flower buds have formed.
The Clematis plant is a climber with long twiggy stems.
The tiny white flower buds are supported by long twiggy stems.
Waiting for the white creamy flowers to open...
Patiently watching the 1st flower to fully bloom.
 Here's a fully bloomed white creamy Clematis flower! Its size is about 3 cm width.
It has 4 white petals-like sepals and many silky stamens.
I grown my Clematis plant in normal garden soil in a pot. 
Even though they are tiny flowers but they are very pretty!
So far, it has no pest problem.
The flowers are like white stars.
After the flowers faded, these seeds appeared.
Hoping to see how these seeds will turn out.
No wonder it is called Old Man's Beard or Goats Beard.
I hope to do some stem propagation.
Waiting for the seeds to mature and hope to propagate through seeds also.
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the
ground and dies, it remains only a single seed.
But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
(John 12:24, NIV)

52 comments:

  1. lovely flowers....does it gives out a nice fragrance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried sniffing, I think there is a slight scent but hardly noticeable.

      Delete
  2. It grew well because you have a green thumb. It's a most beautiful plant.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee, for your kind comments. Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  3. Hello, the flowers are lovely. They look so delicate compared to the clematis I am used to seeing. Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. This is the only clematis I have seen and have in my garden. Wishing you a happy week too!

      Delete
  4. The clematis are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and delicate. I have a clematis plant that grows up some fencing and spreads a little further each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my clematis plant will also grow and spread too.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen a different variety of clematis aside from the common one her in America with the big purple blooms. I have one in my backyard.

    The white wild variety is really pretty, Nancy. I wish it grows here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! LiLi, I also would like to have the big purple one in my garden too. I have seen the purple ones on the internet and they are pretty too!

      Delete
  7. The flowers are like white stars! You care for it so tenderly! Delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I am glad my little white stars are growing well.

      Delete
  8. the plants looks strange but so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your success of growing this beautiful clematis. Such a delicate beauty.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. A beardy plant. Lol. But it was so beautiful. Love its petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Lol! I love the flowers and also the beardy seeds too...lol!

      Delete
  11. The flowers looks delicate. I like how you make the fence for the plants in the pot (3rd pix). I can imagine you have a lovely & beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. Actually my garden is just a small, simple one.

      Delete
  12. It is such a beautiful little bloom! I wonder if they grow here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. If you have clematis growing there, then I think this one will grow too.

      Delete
  13. Nancy, these little white flowers are so pretty! It looks like a creeper, that would be hard for me to plant because I don't have space for the support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. This is a creeper. I too ran out of space so I tied plastic strings to allow it to creep up the wooden pillars.

      Delete
  14. Very lovely flower. Have fragrance scent ka?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have tried to sniff, sniff, and can smelled a slight scent but hardly noticeable.

      Delete
  15. Hi Nancy,

    These flowers are so pretty! Glad that they have found a nice place to bloom and it is your home :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoe. I am glad too I have found this plant. Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  16. This one is sweet and pretty all right! Does it have a nice smell too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Its a pity the scent is hardly noticeable.

      Delete
    2. Oh ok. It looked like something with smell.

      Delete
  17. Oh, they look so pure and pretty. Certainly brightens any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lux. These little white stars certainly brightens up my day and my garden!

      Delete
  18. Delicate and lovely! I haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. This is not a common plant.

      Delete
  19. Very dainty flowers. So pretty and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. that's why it is so precious and I do hope it will grow well!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...