Tuesday 25 April 2017

Steamed Glutinous Rice Chicken & Steamed Dishes For Dinner.

This particular morning we didn't go for our morning walk. We got up early as usual but cancelled our walk because it was drizzling outside. We waited till the rain stopped and we went out for breakfast. It was a cool and gloomy day.
Photo #1 - Sunrise at 7.45 am while driving out to town from home.
Photo #2
Photo #3
Hubby drove to Kedai Kopi Yee Fatt or Yee Fatt Coffee Shop, opposite Methodist Girls' Secondary School.
For a change I wanted to eat this steamed glutinous rice with chicken and Chinese sausage. Hubby ordered the usual dry chicken curry noodle (no curry noodle photo to show).
I love this soft and moist glutinous rice.
*     *     *     *     *
No home cooking that evening. Hubby called up to book fish for dinner.
Steamed dishes for dinner at Kedai Kopi Tai Kung or Tai Kung Coffee Shop.
2 pieces steamed grouper fish slices with garlic oil and soy sauce, garnished with green onion.
Steamed pork belly with taro or yam. Love the soft, powdery texture of the yam.
Double steamed yellow cucumber soup.
This was our dinner eaten with white rice.
Evening sky at 6.40 pm on our way home from dinner.
The whole day was cloudy and gloomy.
*     *     *     *     *
More photos from Classic Dining Restaurant for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
Cute little hanging planters.
These are artificial plants. They look real from afar.
Traditional Chinese Ceramic Wine Jars.
Stone hand sculture in glass showcase.
Door handles and knockers.
Beautiful umbrella lamp shade hanging from the ceiling.


No one lights a lamp and hides it! Instead, he puts it on
a lamp stand to give light to all who enter the room.
(Luke 11:33, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. I like steamed glutinous rice, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too adore that soft steamed glutinous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the umbrella shade. Nice decoration idea.

    Glutinous rice. I like but cannot eat too much. Bloated tummy later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I have always love glutinous rice. If well cooked till soft, more easy to digest. Can be very filling. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. Your breafast is different from ours we usually have sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia. Our breakfast choices are very wide!

      Delete
  5. ...Nancy, now I wonder what is behind those wonderful doors. Thanks for your visit, have a great day and please stop back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. That is the entrance door into the restaurant where all the treasures are! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  6. I do love savory steamed glutinous rice. I can't eat too much though as it is so filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One is enough for the tummy. Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Even if the plants are artificial, they make that area look brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make nice decoration and they really look so natural. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  8. Hi Nancy, all the food look good especially the steamed fish. The restaurant decoration look very unique.

    Best regards,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those first few photos are stunning!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/04/elvis-sighting-in-israel.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post Nancy! The food always looks delicious and your photos are always enjoyable. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good looking food and wonderful views! And I just love the umbrella lamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I was attracted by the umbrella lamp!

      Delete
  12. I love your photography. I can see you love it too. Your food always looks so very good.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love it very much. Have a fantastic day, Sandee!

      Delete
  13. The steam fish with garlic oil and soy sauce must be very delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way we like our steamed fish. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  14. It all looks very delishious, and good photos too.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i super like to eat soft glutinous rice too. super like the soft yam and fish dish too. what a delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, looks like we like the same type of food! Have a terrific day!

      Delete
  16. This Kedai Kopi Yee Fatt Shop look very interesting to eat. I'd oder fish dish immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some beautiful photos here and I love the sky. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fish dish looks the best to me. LOVE umbrellas on the ceiling, and also the red drapes behind the plants. I see a light hole coming in the sky! It has been raining here for four days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, it has been raining on and off for the whole of yesterday and today! We have a few hours of hot sun in between.

      Delete
  19. I'm hungry right now. I'm cooking hamburgers, a salad of tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and as the vegetable, broccoli. Dessert for me is a cup of coffee. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hamburgers and what you were cooking. I love coffee too. Have a great day!

      Delete
  20. Interesting post my dear, thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice one you got, i wonder what those yellow cucumber tastes like! :)

    ------------
    I'm Back! I missed your blog!.
    -steve, www.artsandwander.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve. Welcome back! Once boiled, the yellow cucumber will be soft. But the soup will be good for cooling down the body heat.

      Delete
  22. I had glutinous rice and chicken for dinner last night too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can have glutinous rice and chicken any time of the day! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  23. You certainly eat well!
    I enjoyed seeing the museum features.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your sky shots as usual, and almost every time your post is the one that reminds me of Tuesday's Treasures. I love seeing the treasures you show.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a healthy and appetising dinner. Quite a lot of food for 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We intended to order a green veg but hubby thought I love yam. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  26. pretty sky photos...the restaurant looks like a nice place to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a fan of rice it can make a meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but now have to cut down on rice intake. Have a good day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...