Thursday 6 April 2017

Breakfast In Gopeng & Fences From Kampar.

Two Mondays ago, hubby had an appointment in Kampar. Initially, I didn't intend to go with him but decided on the night before to go with him for the drive. Since we didn't go for the morning walk, I slept a little longer. After I have watered my plants, we started on our drive to Gopeng. We were looking forward to have our breakfast in Gopeng.
 This is the 2nd time we were here for the Gopeng's Lai Fun noodle in Taman Gopeng Jaya food court.
 This was our breakfast for hubby and I. We both agreed that we much prefer the one in the Kopisan village,
 After breakfast, we drove to Kampar's land office for hubby's appointment.
Can you see the chain link fencing (above) behind the sheltered carpark?
 While waiting for hubby at the car park, I took this snapshot of the fencing.
After Kampar, we made a short stop at the RTC Gopeng. There was a farmers' market.
 We took a walk to look at the products on sale and I saw these pretty little white flowers. I was tempted to buy a lime tree but didn't.
 We came upon this stall selling Dodol. Dodol is a sticky, very sweet candy made from coconut milk, sugar and rice flour. It takes many hours to cook and with constant stirring.
 Someone has invented a machine to take over the stirring. As the dough gets thicker, it gets harder to stir.
We went to my former office to collect something from an ex-colleague.
Then it was back to home, sweet home.

Linking to Good Fences.

You have seen me tossing and turning through the night.
You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle!
You have recorded every one in your book.
(Psalm 56:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We like to eat dodol but now have cut down because of the sugar content.

      Delete
  2. I used to love durian dodol as a kid. Couldn't have enough of it but it has been ages since I have one. Lol.

    Nice lai fun. So many choices to go with your noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rose. We too love the durian dodol. We used to enjoy this dodol but no longer indulge in it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. long time i did not eat dodol. too sweet for me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the reason we didn't buy any to try. Cutting down on sugar.

      Delete
  5. I quite like dodol, nice and chewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love dodol, but didn't buy any to taste.

      Delete
  6. ...your office building looks a bit like a cruise ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because of the design and the windows. This photo doesn't shows the roof.

      Delete
  7. Great fence shot and lovely 'foodie' post ~ thanks,

    Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Have a happy weekend too!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like your breakfast wasn't the best. I'm guessing you won't go there again. It did look good though.

    I'd try the candy, but you're right we don't do much sugar here either.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may not be the best, but it is not bad either. If we can't have the better one, we will come back to this. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  9. The architecture in the building is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. This is the Public Works Department building.

      Delete
  10. Interesting post and I have never heard of Dodol. I do not have a very sweet tooth but I would still like to try it :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dodol is best eaten in small amount. It is a very rich and sweet candy.

      Delete
  11. That dodol is a very interesting thing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those with sweet tooth will love this chewy candy.

      Delete
  12. Thank you Nancy, it is always fun to visit and see what interesting places you have to share with us, and I always enjoy your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise for enjoying my photos. It is a privilege to share. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  13. Great series of photos and the breakfast looks wholesome and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very pretty fence. I had no idea about this candy, would love to taste it. Always good to go with hubby, like I did yesterday. You never know what you may find that turns into a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I agree that most of the times when we go out with hubby driving, there is plenty of opportunity to snap some great photos for our blog post. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  15. I must say the restaurant puts out quite the spread of food.
    I like the fence shot you took at the car park, it's a pretty fence.
    Also the flowers were lovely.
    The candy sounded different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ida. The candy will not set, it will remain a bit soft and chewy.

      Delete
  16. So interesting ) Have a nice weekend)
    http://beyoutiful.com.ua

    ReplyDelete
  17. The candy looks delicious, the fence is very pretty, and i understand how sometimes one restaurant is not as good as another and you have favorites. Me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Due to individual's preferences and taste buds, we have our own favourites.

      Delete
  18. Ooh, very interesting Nancy. Wishing you a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  19. I think I will enjoy the dodol, since I have a sweet tooth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you will love the dodol. It is rich and sweet.

      Delete
  20. The first picture has stolen my foodie heart😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..Ola, like me the first picture makes me want to try everything.

      Delete
  21. I've enjoyed your blog, always like seeing different places, food and flowers. That last building looks quite exotic to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pauline. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  22. Did you notice those pretty white flowers has a wonderful scent? :)

    I've got those in my garden, bought them without hesitation once noticed the scent was from these plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Stacy, I didn't know they have wonderful scent. I was too focus on taking a picture.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...