Monday 10 April 2017

Sharing Some Of Our Breakfast Meals With You.

Talking about breakfast, we all have our own preferences. As a child, my mom used to cook porridge for me early in the morning. Besides porridge we also had bread with butter and jam plus a hot cup of tea, coffee or milo. My favourite then was toasted bread. I love the butter melting on the freshly toasted bread with a sprinkling of castor sugar on it.

There are many types of breakfast we get to enjoy but here in this post, I am sharing just a few of the breakfasts I usually eat. I will start with our breakfast for this morning which we ate at Restoran Sun Heng, Lorong Cecil Rae in Canning Garden.
We found that we like this clear soup noodle with bbq pork. The mint leaves are specially added because the lady boss knows I love mint leaves.
Some days, instead of noodle we will order the steamed buns with our drinks.
Our favourite is the steamed bun with sweet coconut filling.
But there are days, instead of plain white buns, the sweet lady will make pumpkin buns with coconut filling.

There are days we want to eat this steamed rice roll, which is known as "chee cheong fun". Then we will go to the corner shop at Kedai Makanan Canning Garden, Lorong Cecil Rae, Canning Garden. This is hubby's favourite. I am not a great fan of chee cheong fun but I enjoy eating this.
On days when hubby wanted to eat the pork noodle at Pusat Makanan Sun Hor Lok, I will sometimes order Nasi Lemak with a glass of herbal tea. Nasi Lemak is a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk & pandan leaves and served with a spicy archovies sauce.
This Nasi Lemak comes with generous amount of spicy sambal sauce, some fried peanuts, a quarter hard boiled egg and fresh cucumber slices.
This is my kind of delicious Nasi Lemak.
If we are not in the mood to go far, then we will go somewhere nearer to home. One of the place will be Restoran Kee Tuck Seak where hubby will order the fried noodle with prawns and eggs.
Then I will order these from one of the stall manned by an elderly couple. 2 pieces of steamed yam cake and 2 vegetable dumplings.

There was once I order this sandwich from another stall.
This is a ham sandwich with plenty of cucumber strips.
A friend recommended these Portuguese egg tarts from Gold Vision cake shop.
I went to buy 2 to try and I was reminded of the ones in Macau.

First, I want to remind you that in the last days there will come scoffers
who will do every wrong they can think of and laugh at the truth.
(2 Peter 3:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. I LOVE ham sandwiches!! Here, most people eat eggs, pancakes, waffles, or french toast for breakfast. Or breakfast sandwiches and hash browns. But we DON'T have steamed buns. I WANT them, they looks delicious!! I bet they taste so different from regular baked buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steamed buns are softer and fluffier. But they are best eaten while still warm. If not, they need to be steamed again.

      Delete
  2. lol, I could never eat that much for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Neither could I. It was for different days. Lol!

      Delete
  3. That nasi lemak is drowning in its own sambal!

    I'd happily eat any of the food you featured here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. I love nasi lemak with lots of sambal!

      Delete
  4. This all looks delicious! My mother also cooked porridge for our breakfast. I still enjoy it and now I add diced apples and dried cranberries. Another day I might eat a slice of wheat toast with butter, and a sliced banana on the side. Thank you for sharing all these enjoyable dishes Nancy. I would enjoy trying them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. I haven't tried diced apples and dried cranberries but I think I would like it too.

      Delete
  5. I also forgot to mention I do buy steamed buns occasionally, with a pork filling or sometimes a bean paste which has a sweet taste. Both very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I like the steamed buns with pork filling or bean paste and they are both yummy!

      Delete
  6. ...lots of good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buns with coconut filling sound so good right now! Maybe someday i can find a place here that makes something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it when you find the place.

      Delete
  8. That all looks quite delicious and I also love mint :-) Hope your week is a good one Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks very delicious :) Especially the sandwiches :)
    Have a lovely day,
    www.evelinebison.pl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eveline. Have a lovely day too!

      Delete
  10. i like the taste of mint leaves but i have yet to try eating them with char siew. i like to eat all the food in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it at the first try. So instead of curry, now we order this.

      Delete
  11. The Portuguese egg tarts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first fell in love with the egg tarts in Macau. Delicious!

      Delete
  12. Wow...that does not look like my normal bacon and eggs! Totally different way of eating with food I am not sure I have heard of them all. Would love to give them all a try though. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. For me, whenever I get a chance to have bacon and eggs or other western breakfast, I enjoy it very much.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for another interesting post) Have a nice evening)
    http://beyoutiful.com.ua

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my what a feast. I want to go on one of your foodie runs. You and your hubby eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. You would enjoy our local food!

      Delete
  15. Everything is good. I have most of them for breakfast. Nasi lemak in banana leaf is the best.

    So much mint leaves in your soup. Must be very good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some of this looks so delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks yum. I wouldn't know where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Ha ha one day, one item. Lol!

      Delete
  18. The kind of breakfast I like in my life, Nancy! For steamed buns, char siew is my fav filling but I enjoy the rest too. I regularly look out for kicap pork noodles, wantan mee, pan mee, oh-you-know! Typical Malaysian here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like our Malaysian kind of breakfasts. Have a good day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...