Wednesday 19 April 2017

Having Lunch At A Roadside Stall in Buntong Village, Ipoh.

Hubby and I used to pass by this area very often. Whenever we pass by here in the afternoon, we can see customers standing around this stall. We have never before stopped to buy or eat here. One day as we were passing by, I mentioned that the food must be good to attract these customers. Hubby replied that if we want, we can stop to try.

So here we were trying out for the first time the following food at the roadside stall. There are a few plastic tables and chairs placed under the shady trees for customers to eat there. Most stopped to buy and take away the food.
I ordered a small portion of glutinous rice with curry added. It is the pork skin with long beans curry. I didn't mention that I didn't want the pork skin, so they ended up in hubby's plate of noodle. I like this glutinous rice which I have not eaten for a long, long time.
A bowl of barley boiled with soya bean curd.
Hubby's fried yellow noodle - fried vegetarian style.
He also ordered 2 fish cakes, cut into smaller pieces.
The serving plates used are stainless steel plates.
This is the lady boss. The utensils and pots used are mostly stainless steel and she kept the stall clean and tidy. This stall is next to the cross-junction near to the wet market.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Floral Passions.
Lantana Camara & Rangoon Creeper/Chinese Honeysuckle.
Lantana Camara blooms from my garden.




The following photos of the Rangoon Creeper or Chinese Honeysuckle are from my friend's garden. I gave her the baby plant and it is now blooming profusely. Credit goes to Maguerita for the following photos.



Linking to Floral Bliss.

The flowers are springing up and the time of the singing of birds has come. Yes, spring is here.
(Song of Solomon 2:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you, O men of little faith?
(Matthew 6:30, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous. Sometimes hawker food from road side are very nice to eat one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angeline. They can be very nice and cheap too!

      Delete
  2. Say Marguerita thanks for the beautiful photos. The Chinese honeysuckle is a gorgeous vine, I never knew that such a plant existed! Very pretty indeed. Thank you Nancy for linking, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. The Chinese honeysuckle is not only beautiful but it has nice fragrance too. Thank you for hosting and have a nice day too!

      Delete
  3. The stall food looks just as fresh and yummy as a full sized restaurant!! Your flowers are gorgeous!!! Do you have some kind of flower blooming in your yard all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Yes, there will be some kind of flower blooming in my garden all the time. Some of the plants flower throughout the year.

      Delete
  4. What I mean is...at any time, is there always something blooming there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...yes, Ginny. There is always something blooming in my garden. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  5. Nancy, I saw your glutinous rice with curry and now I'm going 'ayoyo yoyo!' It looks so delicious! ^.^
    I love pork skin ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, so you love pork skin. Then I can pass mine to you. Lol! I am not a fan of pork skin though I do eat one or two pieces if found in my bowl of noodle.

      Delete
  6. Looks like nice home-style food.

    Ooh your Lantana plants makes me want to get some more. Mine just died - it's the type tied to some sticks.. short cut to getting a big plant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew mine from a stem cutting in a pot. It needs constant trimming to keep the plant neat and small.

      Delete
  7. The Lantana Camara are so pretty! Definitely sounds better than bunga tahi ayam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Lantana Camara is definitely nicer than bunga tahi ayam. Ha ha!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  9. Food is forever bae. So yummy and nature sure is lovely.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Chinese honeysuckle is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. Oh yes, they are! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  11. I would stop there for lunch. Food looks really good.

    I love all the flowers. They made me smile.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. All flowers make me smile. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  12. beautiful flowers. i have never tried eating glutinous rice with curry before. should be tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. With curry, it will taste better. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful flower photos. Well done. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder how glutinous rice with curry taste like, will it taste very sticky?

    But I like pork skin and long beans

    Have a nice day Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. With the curry added, it will not be very sticky. Have a nice day too!

      Delete
  15. Your hubby's fried yellow noodle - fried vegetarian style looks pretty good. Soon I'll be getting my flowers to place around my yard. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Will love to see posting of your flowers. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. Your flower photos are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the multiple shades of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I can't stop looking at them. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. They brighten up our day!

      Delete
  19. The food looks delicious and the flowers are so beautiful! Love the bright and happy colors! xx K

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your lantana is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my, those flowers are beautiful....love that last one. I have never seen it that I recall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. When in full bloom, they are gorgeous! Have a great day!

      Delete
  22. Aiyoh!! So nice la..Nancy..take me there next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Wait till you return from your holiday.

      Delete
  23. Those flowers remind me of my childhood.
    I think that's a really good business having not so much expenses and getting all those customers. Worth the try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lux. Sometimes these small business earn more money than those in the shops. Have a terrific day!

      Delete
  24. Bom dia, a refeição tem bom aspecto, certamente que são saborosas, as flores são lindas, as boas fotos revelam que a natureza oferece a beleza.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, AG. Nature is always beautiful. Have a lovely day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...