Friday 7 April 2017

Sky Watch & Dinner At Restoran Kam Wah, Ipoh Garden.

I usually go for home visitation on alternate Saturdays. On this particular Saturday, the week long school holiday was coming to a close. There was a traffic jam upon entering Simpang Pulai town right up to the traffic lights junction entering the North-South Expressway. The traffic was moving very slowly. I was listening to the praise and worships songs and at the same time my eyes were on the cars in front of me.
 Above the cars, I could see the clear blue sky and white clouds.
 Since my car was stationary and not going anyway, I took out my camera to take some sky shots.
Instead of being impatient with the traffic jam, I kept myself occupied with the sky shots.
 The traffic jam was caused by the many cars queuing up at toll gate entering the north-south expressway.
*     *     *     *     *
I don't cook on my visitation days. That evening we took dinner in Ipoh Garden gourmet square.
 Today, we bought something unusual from the chicken rice stall to eat. This is the "ngap keok pau" (meaning duck feet roll). These are without duck feet, instead of duck feet, there is a piece of liver and bbq pork wrapped with duck's intestine.
Our friend ordered this plate of steamed rice flour roll (chee cheong fun). This was served in a small enamel plate which we seldom see nowadays.
 A bowl of flour noodle in soup for me. It is something like the pan mee but the noodle is pinched by hand into irregular bite pieces which are very chewy.
Our friend also bought a popiah (spring roll) and a piece of steamed kuih.
 Hubby ordered this stir fried glass or transparent noodle.
 Sunset sky at about 7.30 pm after our dinner.
Linking to Skywatch Friday.

Hallelujah! O servants of Jehovah, praise his name.
Blessed is his name forever and forever.
Praise him from sunrise to sunset!
(Psalm 113:1-3, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. The sky with the black silhouettes of the palm trees is so pretty!! And the noodle dishes look really good. You focused on something good, rather than concentrate on the traffic and getting mad. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Its a win-win solution. I don't get impatient or angry and I have great photos for my blog post.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Felicia. Its a good way to avoid getting impatient and good for my health too. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jim. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those skies are gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flour noodle in soup looks good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I enjoy chewing on the flour noodle. Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love your sky photos! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "ngap keok pau" without ngap keok? I have not tasted any before, would be interested to try one with the liver and BBQ pork. Must be very chewy or is it tough? Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer without the ngap keok. This is chewy and not very tough. Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  9. Everything looks so delicious, Nancy. I miss the chee cheong fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Sometimes I like the ccf flooded with gravy.

      Delete
  10. The ngap keok pau is good :) delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elin. I love this even though I seldom eat liver.

      Delete
  11. This is the first time I heard of duck feet roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Duck feet roll without the duck feet!

      Delete
  12. Hello, I love the pretty trees and sunset. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing sky!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    www.evelinebison.pl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eveline. Have a lovely weekend too!

      Delete
  14. I would like some of each dish. Yummy. You must walk a lot to keep from gaining weight. I know I'd be walking a lot.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, I walk but still gaining weight! Ha ha!

      Delete
  15. Long time never had Popiah

    ReplyDelete
  16. More wonderful photos, interesting places and delicious looking food. Thank you for sharing them Nancy. Always enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The food looks awesome but the sky pics are great! I love watching clouds moving around and I look for different forms in them. But you sunset pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. I have always enjoy watching the sky and the changing clouds formations as well. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful pictures of sunset..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty skies can be a disraction from the traffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good thing there was a traffic jam or else I wouldn't be able to take any snapshots of the sky.

      Delete
  20. I am your newest follower. Taking pictures can certainly change stress to I'm in my happy place. Smiling here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear for following. I enjoy taking pictures too!

      Delete
  21. I love the Chee Cheong fun from that stall, as well as the Ngap geok pau. But not d pan mee, as I find d soup very salty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your food never ceases to amaze me, so different from European food ! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I hope you will get to try our local food one day!

      Delete
  23. That "ngap keok pau" looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. It is yummy! Have a good day!

      Delete
  24. Glorious sunset!

    I've never tried ngap keok pau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. I like ngap keok pau and I hope you will enjoy it too!

      Delete
  25. You captured a beautiful one

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...