Wednesday 19 May 2021

1st Day Of MCO 3.0!

The state of Perak made it onto the list of states under MCO 3.0! Just as we have expected.

Morning sky at 7:40am
Even the sky was gloomy on this day.
Even though the sky was dark, there was no stopping the sun from shining through the dark clouds. Snap shot taken at 8am.
~~~~~
No dine-in under MCO 3.0
The roadside stall that we used to buy our favourite economy fried vermicelli was closed so we bought a packet from another nearby stall.
On our way home, we walked to the dim sum restaurant to buy steamed buns. I bought 1 bbq pork bun, 1 pork (sang yoke) bun, and 2 blended ginger chicken (keong yoong kai) buns.
This was our breakfast.
~~~~~
From my garden.
Long green okra plants.
That morning I harvested 3 long okras.
For lunch, hubby bought some roast pork and bbq sausage.
~~~~~
It was only recently that managed to clear the stock from the freezer. It didn't stay empty for long. Now I have restocked the freezer again but this time, I halved the quantity.
For dinner, I blanched a medium sized head of broccoli and sprinkled with sambal dried shrimp.
Steamed a small grouper fish with ginger strips and drizzled with Chinese cooking wine, oyster and soy sauce. This small fish was enough because hubby doesn't eat much fish.
Our simple home cooked dinner consists broccoli, steamed fish and rice porridge.
~~~~~
Photos credited to Marie
Received these 2 pictures from my friend.
Can you see something unusual about the banana leaves?
Have you seen a totally white banana leaf before? I haven't.
This is my first time! Really amazing!


You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and
knit them together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
It is amazing to think about.
Your workmanship is marvelous - and how well I know it.
You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion!
You saw me before I was born and
scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.
Every day was recorded in your book!
(Psalm 139:13-16, The Living Bible-TLB)

56 comments:

  1. wow that white banana leaf is definitely something! Have never seen anything like that? Why white?
    Those steamed buns and bbq sausages are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'd like the roast pork and bbq sausage please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A white banana leaf?! I've never seen anything like it! Wow!!

    Nice sky shots and delicious food too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also haven't seen a totally white banana leaf before. So amazing!

    Love all your food because I just eat a bit of each will be very satisfying already. Did you all eat all 4 baos in one sitting for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nancy! Your okra looks great, i like its soup very very much. Also may i get a plate of steamed fish and rice porridge. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yum yum yum! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the food. I always enjoy seeing your daily menus. I'll be right over.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...white banana leaves? I remember seeing a banana tree when I was in Nicaragua 18 years ago. Maybe plantain if I remember correctly. Sorry the restaurants ate closed. Ones in Oregon are open again although there's limited seating. When all were closed March 2020, some are still just open for drive thru or pickup. Last March 2020 we'd order from my laptop after church which we watched on live stream. Now the OR government wants a specific amount of people to be vaccinated so mask 😷wearing will go away. Doubt that will happen. Have a good week. 🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting 22nd May, we will be under full lockdown where 1 person from 1 household would be allow to go out to get essentials or for emergency. The vaccination is in process.

      Delete
  9. What an unusual banana leaf. The food looks delicious as always. Have a nice week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fried vermicelli and buns look SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We only just had some lockdown easing on Monday and can dine in restaurants again, but they must socially distance. I have never seen a white banana leaf before either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be starting a full lockdown again on Saturday 22nd May to 4th June. Hope this will bring down the cases.

      Delete
  12. The sun shining through the clouds is beautiful, and those white leaves are amazing.

    It looks like you are back to cooking many enjoyable meals, as well as the take-aways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Can't afford to stay in lazy mode for long. Lol!

      Delete
  13. Over here, no dine-in for a week now. This week, hubby and I walked all the way to our favourite coffee shop to tapau breakfast during our morning walk. Back and forth, we got to sweat for more than 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be back to full lockdown starting 22nd May to 4th June. Plus no outdoor walking for the time being.

      Delete
  14. All is looking good in the photos and I've never seen a white leaf of a banana tree either on our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very delightful dish.. I miss fish, must go and buy some one of these days~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order online. Very convenient for your place.

      Delete
  16. That's amazing to see a white banana leaf, and I wonder what's the reason behind it! Nice simple breakfast with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesante esa hoja de plátano blanca. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are in lockdown again
      You have shared so lovely photos

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Jo-Anne. Yes, we are going into full lockdown starting tomorrow until 4th June. Hope it will help in bringing the number of cases down.

      Delete
  18. Quiet day for you, but the food looks good. I would have never believed a banana leaf could be white. Nice to see a picture of it here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have never seen anything like that, white one

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos, as always :)

    I appreciate your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty for hosting. Have a happy week.

      Delete
  21. One of the paus has eyes and a face hehe.

    The white banana life is so delicate and pretty! An albino leaf, fancy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Stacy. I scrolled up to take a look and yes, I can see the eyes and mouth on the pau. Lol!

      Delete
  22. Wow, great pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...