Thursday 13 May 2021

Glutinous Rice Wine Chicken Soup, Brazilian Spinach & Fried Noodle

It was the 1st Sunday of May. It was a nice, lovely morning and it felt good to smell the crisp, fresh morning air as we walked.

Sunrise at 6:59am
Morning sky at 7:07am
~~~~~
For dinner, I harvested a pot of home grown Brazilian Spinach.
Blanched Brazilian Spinach, plain without adding anything to it.
The garlic oil was all used up and I haven't made a new batch.
I used half a free range chicken to cook soup with 1 bottle of home made glutinous rice wine, wood fungus, red dates, goji berries, pounded old ginger and some sesame oil.
Just as I was packing some of the chicken soup for my neighbour, my neighbour called me on the hand phone to inform me that they have fried rice vermicelli for us. We ended up exchanging food with each other.
I didn't cook any rice or noodle for dinner but we were blessed by our neighbour with fried rice vermicelli.
My neighbour intended to have fried rice vermicelli for dinner but were blessed by our glutinous rice wine chicken soup. Thankful for good neighbours.

One law rules over all other laws.
This royal law is found in the Scriptures:
"Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself."
If you obey this law, you are doing right.
(James 2:8, Easy-To-Read Version-ERV)

48 comments:

  1. brazillian spinach...hmmmm yummy

    but chicken soup with goji beri and red dates sound so great...

    my mouth can imagine it's taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gustyanita. Selamat hari raya aidilfitri to you and family.

      Delete
  2. Both soup and rice vermicelli look so tasty. Just like you, your neighb ours are sweet and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to exchange food with neighbour. Stay safe there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos of morning sky are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/05/dior-rouge-458-paris-988-rialto.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...a beautiful start to your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to have a generous neighbour....always blessed with nice food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to have good neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vermicelli looks delicious! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sky to start the day! And good friends to share with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hungry and I want some of that food. I'm always hungry.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  11. The mountains were beautiful against the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think I could live on spinach, I love it. Keep well and have a good Friday. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a glorious morning sky! It always reminds me that today is a new day. What a wonderful meal and how serendipitous that you and your neighbor cooked for each other! I love it when things like that happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, whenever we cook something nice or extra, we think of each other.

      Delete
  14. Such a sunrise promises a successful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sunrise was so beautiful! It is a blessing to have such wonderful neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your chicken soup looks so delicious! You made the glutinous rice wine yourself? Can u please share the recipe and how you do it as a post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Ok, will do a post on the glutinous rice wine one of these days.

      Delete
  17. Now this is some food that I can identify with. My wife blanches spinach for use in soup a lot and it is very good. I love how you and your neighbor exchanged food. We don't do that here and are the poorer for our not doing it.

    Great sky photos.

    And a great scripture to accompany the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. I actually started the exchanging of food first by giving something I have cooked. Later, they too responded and that is how we started.

      Delete
  18. Sunrise pictures are beautiful Dear Nancy! Chicken soup looks perfect. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  19. How nice that you can exchange food with your neighbor. I am now liking Brazilian spinach and I put it in my soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. I like Brazilian spinach too and it grows easily.

      Delete
  20. El amanecer se ve lindo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So now both you and your neighbour have a complete meal now with chicken soup and fried rice vermicelli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we both have the same complete meal.

      Delete
  22. Perfect complementary meals! I assume you and your neighbour had some of each other's cooking, and it was not a total swap of your initial dinners. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...