Monday 24 May 2021

Nasi Lemak, Chive Omelette, Salad & Glass Noodle In Soup

This was on a Friday, one week before we were placed on Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) which is the tightening of the MCO 3.0. Under MCO 3.0, we were still able to enjoy our early morning walk.

The streets were deserted at about 7am.
~~~~~
We stopped at a roadside stall to buy nasi lemak.
The nasi lemak and sambal sauce were packed separately.
I have extra cut chives in the fridge which I didn't use up.
So, I used it to make chive omelette.
Hot milo
Breakfast for 2 people.
Nasi lemak with the sambal sauce added.
I bought the above biscuits for snacks. These are my favourite biscuits. On the left is the peanuts and sesame biscuit and on the right is the cream crackers without oil. 
Gifts from my neighbour.
~~~~~
Simple and healthy lunch.
Baby Romaine lettuce, red and yellow capsicums.
Baby Romaine lettuce with Kewpie roasted sesame dressing. Hubby doesn't like capsicum nor is he a fan of raw nuts and cranberries.
Colourful and beautiful salad for me.
Baby Romaine lettuce, red and yellow capsicums, pine nuts, walnuts, and cranberries.
Drizzled with Kewpie roasted sesame dressing. So yummy!
~~~~~
Afternoon snack.
A type of rojak consisting of blanched water spinach, tofu, fish balls, fish cake, fried stuffed bean curd sheet, and peanut sauce.
~~~~~
Dinner
There won't be any hot pot party for the time being so I used the hot pot flavouring to cook soup with fish and meat balls, cauliflower, carrot and sweet peas.
Glass noodle (tong fun) to go with the soup.
Light and healthy dinner for 2 people.
Condiments to go with the glass noodle soup for extra flavouring.
Left: spicy crispy anchovies, right: curry paste oil.

"Good salt is worthless if it loses its saltiness;
it can't season anything. So don't lose your flavor!
Live in peace with each other."
(Mark 9:50, The Living Bible-TLB)

41 comments:

  1. the pack of nasi lemak looks tasty...The seller gave alot of cucumber...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seller is very generous and the portion is usually big.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the sambal got so much onions in it! Does your husband like to eat sambal with so much onion in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those cream crackers...they used to be my favourite too. That's nice crunchy salad..you should add some crispy bacon in it :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. That is a good suggestion.

      Delete
  4. ...some many colorful choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! Have a great week Nancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nancy, there were so many different types of food. Wonderful. The chive omelette looks really tasty.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesantes platos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful salad! We call them bell peppers here, not capsicums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. Yes, I have heard people referring them as bell peppers.

      Delete
  9. I'm starving this morning and all this food. I'm sure you can hear my stomach growling from here.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Es la hora en que se debe de salir ahora por donde yo vivo. el sol ya es fuerte, más tarde y aprieta mucho el calor.

    Muy buena vista tienen esos platos de comida.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete

  11. These dishes look delicious :) Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sambal is full of onion!

    Colourful salad. I always hated capsicums too hehe. Now I am fine with them but only if they're cooked with meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the only one eating capsicum in my family.

      Delete
  13. That salad looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Salad looks great and hearty! It must be a good lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smoked steaky bacon! What a wonderful gift. I love all your homecooked meals.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meals are looking great, I would definitely eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your light, healthy and comforting dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...