Friday 14 May 2021

Noodle In Chicken Wine Soup & Taro With Dried Shrimp

Though the sky was gray, there was no stopping the sunlight from shining through the clouds. It is comforting to be assured that there is hope when things seem to be going out of control during this time of pandemic.

Sunrise at 7:43am


7:45am
8:05am
~~~~~
There is a newly opened coffee shop in our area. This was beginning of the month before MCO. It was about 7:00am and they had just opened their stall for business. We sat at a small table for 2 people, placed outside the shop.
I ordered this bowl of flat rice noodle with curry broth. It may look very red and spicy but don't be deceived by the curry. To me, it was quite tasty and not very spicy. Hubby ordered the dry version but he didn't like it because it was not up to his expectation.
Our neighbour gifted us the above pack of 2-in-1 black coffee of kopi-o.
~~~~~
Simple lunch.
I cooked dried noodle and heated up the leftover glutinous rice wine chicken soup.
A bowl of noodle with lots of ingredients.
Over loaded with proteins with egg added to the soup.
~~~~~
Since we had more than enough proteins for lunch, I thought I will cook something simple for dinner. I had 2 small taro which I bought from Pusing market few days ago, so I cooked taro with dried shrimps and some home grown spring onions.
Hubby and I love taro cooked this way.
My neighbour blessed us with some of her braised shiitake mushrooms with abalone.
It was a very delicious and satisfying dinner.
~~~~~
From my front garden.
Sharing with you some snapshots of the Cup of Gold flowers (Solandra maxima)
#1 - Cup of Gold flower bud.
#2
#3
Cup of Gold flower in full bloom.


I will sing for joy in God, explode in praise from deep in my soul!
He dressed me up in a suit of salvation,
he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness.
As a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo and a bride a jeweled tiara.
For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers,
and as a garden cascades with blossoms,
So the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom
and puts praise on display before the nations.
(Isaiah 61:10-11, The Message-MSG)

52 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you have a wonderful neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the taro dish too! your neighbour is so generous to bless u with abalone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curry noodle soup looks good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a beautiful sky to start your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cup of gold flower is so pretty! Love your glutinous rice wine chicken soup cos it is full of ingredients. The taro looks good too. Did you give some taro paste to your neighbour since you got the mushroom dish from her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I think I gave her something else before I cooked dinner.

      Delete
  6. Such great sky photos again and this plant looks fresh & exotic. Fortunetely I just had my lunch, otherwise I might starve really bad :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope things start turning around with the pandemic there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post :)
    „Zapraszam także do siebie na nowy post - KLIK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful morning sky shots. Morning is a magical time to me.

    Love your breakfast. I like a little spicy. Anything with pasta gets my vote.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I too like spicy food. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  10. I love the light shining up through the hole in the clouds. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The noodles with curry broth looks so good! And the Cup Of Gold, wow! I have never seen such a beautiful and unusual flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonito amanecer. Buen fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great food, great skies, opens with a spectacular scripture ("I will sing for joy in God..." nothing better than that!) I send prayers of health for you and your country to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never had taro. It looks pretty tasty! I always love your morning sky shots, these ones look fabulous! And the Cup Of Gold Flower is amazing! THanks for visiting, Marv says Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such nice neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, I happened to pass by here and was in awe of the images. I see that you are an excellent photographer.
    I invite you to know my blog.
    https://siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com/
    Greetings from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, Your neighbor is really kind. I love the Cup of Gold flower in bloom. Glad you tried the new restaurant. Be safe. Have a glorious Spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those sunrise photos are a wonderful example of how G-d's light shines through the darkest times.

    Those were good meals, and i've never seen a Cup of Gold flower, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. When there is light, darkness has to flee.

      Delete
  19. A fascinating flower to watch unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not familiar with the cup of gold flower but it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That cup of gold is such a flashy fellow. :)

    Love both your protein-rich lunch and protein-poor dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks stunning , Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...