Monday 31 May 2021

Spicy Mustard Green & Stewed Pork Leg (1st Day EMCO Perak)

This was Saturday, 1st day Ipoh started EMCO. So, no morning walk for the time being. 

Morning sky at 7:20am.
Morning sky at 7:23am.
~~~~~
Breakfast.
We received 6 steamed buns from our neighbour the day before. I took out 2 buns (with kaya filling) to steam for breakfast.
We also had toast with kaya for hubby and peanut butter for me.
I bought the smallest bottle.
I prefer super chunk peanut butter to the smooth spread.
We had black coffee.
~~~~~
Lunch
We had leftover spicy mustard green from the previous day's dinner.
Just nice for 2 bowls. We ate this for lunch.
~~~~~
Dinner.
Our neighbour bought 2 portions of stewed pork leg and gave 1 portion to us. I heated up the stewed pork leg and added in the remaining sweet pea and fresh mushroom.
Together with the stewed pork leg, chopped garlic and cut chilies were packed together. Hubby added dark sauce to the garlic.
I prefer the cut chilies in soy sauce.
Blanched home grown okras and eggplants and topped with spicy chili dried prawns.
Dinner on a rainy evening.

In bygone days he permitted the nations to go their own ways,
but he never left himself without a witness;
there were always his reminders - the kind things he did such as
sending you rain and good crops and giving you food and gladness.
(Acts 14:16-17, The Living Bible-TLB)

39 comments:

  1. You got me hungry with all these food! Everything looks delish!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many delicious treats, Nancy, I love the pork leg the most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy food for the tummy!! Nice food there, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you have to skip your morning walks. Delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be able to resume my morning walk in a few days time according to the latest sop.

      Delete
  5. I bought the exact same peanut butter! First time this cutie size. It's pretty expensive per weight, but figured I'd still take time to finish so might as well.

    Ooh the mustard green, then the stewed pork then the garlic and chilli in sauces... cannot stop drooling hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I won't be taking peanut butter every morning, this small size will be enough to last me for quite some time.

      Delete
  6. ...Nancy, I hope that your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Today is the 1st day of 2 weeks full lockdown nationwide.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful day of food. I love your foodie posts. Now I'm hungry and it's going to be over and hour before breakfast.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I feel very hungry now after reading your post. Love the Kai choy dish, so appetising. I also prefers chunky peanut butter. I may have asked you this question before, your black coffee is it black coffee O or is it with sugar inside? Sweet or not sweet at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Our neighbour gave me this black coffee which is a 2-in-1 coffee. The sugar is mixed with the coarsely ground coffee. The coffee is very strong so I used 1 sachet to make 2 mugs. In that way, it is less sweet and the coffee still tastes as good.

      Delete
  9. The steamed buns look so good! We have nothing like them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be able to find them in Chinatown.

      Delete
  10. So many interesting new meals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Nancy! Steamed buns looks different and delicious. Also i like Peanuts butter and bread very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There been a few times we grew orkas
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dora. Orkas is easy to grow without much fuss.

      Delete
  13. Chunky peanut butter is the best.

    Beautiful skies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All looking delicious Nancy.
    Peanut butter on toast is nice but don't have it but have had, I prefer Vegemite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Todo se ve muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...